Hilton Director, Technology Field Services (Focused Service) - Asia Pacific in Singapore, Singapore
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
The Director, Technology Field Services (Focused Service) - Asia Pacific is responsible for leading the Field technology function for Focused Service brand hotels in the APAC region (China, India, Japan, SEA and Australasia). Working closely with global and regional stakeholders, this position ensures alignment between Hilton and owners to make it easier to do business with us and support the company's strategic priority of delivering industry leading focused services hotel growth in the region.
This leader will use an integrated Field Services management approach to oversee and deliver all Field technology activities from Pre-Opening to Operations of the Focused Service Managed and Franchised hotels and working with key internal and external stakeholders as the primary Field Technology representative. The role will be collaborating with the Global Franchise Field team to develop and deliver the foundation and infrastructure for APAC franchising of the focused service brands in APAC. This includes ensuring the focused service brand technology is regionally relevant from a product and service perspective, while staying true to Hilton Technology standards.
The Director will leverage on prior experience in leadership and operational roles to build focused service management capabilities within the regional team and develop the operating model for Field organization to support the growth of Focused Services brands in APAC.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, Technology Field Services (Focused Service) – Asia Pacific, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish the Field Technology Focused Service organization to support the growth of the focused service hotels in APAC aligned with the operating model of the category and Hilton’s overall strategy.
- Adapt the focused service value proposition, operating model and technology standards to reflect the diverse requirements of operations, guests and owners across the regions.
- Develop and execute the Field Technology operating organization for franchise model in APAC maintaining the distinct service offering and confidentiality between Managed and Franchise hotels.
- Evolve the strategic approach to mirror the needs of the focused service property support and enables effectiveness and sustainability as the portfolio grows in the region.
Executing for Results
- Drive Field Technology management and support activities to ensure effective but differentiated project management across the Managed and Franchise hotels in the region including the evaluation, selection, and implementation planning and deployment of hotel technology solutions in the region.
- Identify opportunities to standardize, streamline, and leverage scale across all cost-drivers at Hilton’s focused service properties.
- Leverage personal experience in operations and leadership to drive performance and operational excellence across a growing footprint of focused service properties.
- Possess flexible and creative problem-solving skills and committed to developing solutions that are realistic and actionable. Recognize that multiple approaches may be needed across a diverse set of operating languages, labour markets, and regulatory contexts.
- Lead and influence a broad range of stakeholders without relying on a reporting hierarchy by using influence and collaboration.
- Able to attract and recruit top talent, motivate a team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity, and manage performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of others.
- Ability to manage change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams and/or units; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
- Ability to provide effective performance feedback to team members and work to ensure the peak productivity of the department and all reports, direct or indirect.
Relationships and Influence
- Navigate intuitively within a matrixed organization and gains satisfaction from collaborating with colleagues to harness the power of Hilton’s global capabilities for the APAC region.
- Possess well-honed problem-solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issues in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to develop problem-solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Able to work independently and manage the independent work of other team members as appropriate; includes the ability to recognize need for involvement of other teams/peers and capability to effectively facilitate that collaboration.
- Possess robust written and verbal communication skills.
What are we looking for?
A Director, Technology Field Services (Focused Service) - Asia Pacific serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Possess a BS/BA Degree
- Minimum 12 years of professional work experience in Technology or related fields with a minimum 7 years of management and leadership experience
- Vendor Management Experience
- Strong Business level communication and presentation skills in both English and Chinese (frequent contact with non-English speaking counterparts and owners)
- Creative problem-solving and strong problem definition / risk analysis skills
- See issues in business and financial terms
- Able to manage Budgets and reporting to agreed timescales
- Ability to use logical assumptions and factual information to make decisions
- Take ownership, learn from past experience and continually seek to improve
- Present ideas / facts clearly – using appropriate interpersonal style
- Consider feelings and need of others in actions and decisions
- Provide innovative solutions to problems, seek ways to improve activities which produce a benefit to the customer (external or internal)
- Develop constructive relationships both internal and external to Hilton and work effectively with third parties to deliver objectives
- Maintain effectiveness in situations of disappointment and show a suitable level of tenacity
- Adaptable to changes and able to adjust approach or style to achieve goals
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize efforts effectively and flexibly adapt to changing business requirements in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to influence internal and external service providers to meet or exceed Hilton’s project objectives
- Ability to travel as required
- Advanced Degree or Certification in Program / Project Management is advantageous
- Strong Knowledge of Hotel Operations and Hospitality Technology platforms is advantageous
- Global experience in a matrixed environment is advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Director, Technology Field Services (Focused Service) - Asia Pacific
Requisition ID: APA013N3
- Hilton Jobs