Hilton Director, Media - Asia Pacific in Singapore, Singapore
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The APAC Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Director, Marketing Strategy and Performance APAC (based in Singapore), you will take full ownership of the APAC media strategy, planning, and execution. Our media programs and campaigns are a significant contributor of performance and its success is critical in helping achieve our business objectives.
You will be responsible for managing our always-on performance marketing program that drives business to all our hotels in our APAC portfolio, as well as managing the media plan for enterprise and brand campaigns in APAC. You will be expected to take ownership of overall media strategies and measurement to drive better performance, look after our media operations to ensure efficient execution, and manage our agency relationships to maximize the performance of our agency partners. You will take ownership of significant marketing budgets and ensure to maximize the return on investment.
You will be looking after a very diverse APAC market which consists of 5 sub-regions which are: Greater China and Mongolia, Japan Korea and Micronesia, South East Asia, Australasia, and India, and will be expected to drive scalable programs across all regions, and at the same time explore and capitalize on local media opportunities (especially in markets such as China and Japan). You will work closely with many stakeholders, including but not limited to APAC marketing teams, APAC commercial service teams, and our Regional operations and hotel teams.
As the Director, Media - Asia Pacific, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Media Strategy & Performance
- Build integrated POV of Hilton’s media strategy.
- Work with agency partners and key internal stakeholders to develop top-notch media plans that deliver to business objectives.
- Serve as a media subject matter expert for internal marketing teams, both providing strategic direction / support at all stages of the lifecycle and establishing standards.
- Seek out opportunities for cross-brand / region efficiencies.
- Craft Key Performance Indicators and assessments for optimal media performance (in partnership with performance, and data analytics teams) and strategic optimizations (in conjunction with media and agency teams).
- Build performance reports as needed for marketing leadership.
- Provide ongoing education on media opportunities, including industry trends and creative opportunities to reach and engage with customers, using agency partners.
Agency & Team Management
- Manage the APAC media team, ensuring each team member is engaged, and supporting each team member’s career and personal development.
- Be responsible for the global AOR (agency of record) relationship, ensuring positive relationship, consistency, and performance.
- Build and maintain relevant budgets (retainers, T&E).
- Develop and ensure adoption of standardized tools, processes, timelines where relevant globally.
- Handle agency incentive program.
- Two to three direct reports
What are we looking for?
A Director, Media - Asia Pacific serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
We are seeking creative visionaries who have a real passion for crafting innovative media plans.
- Strong technical expertise especially in the digital performance marketing space, with the ability to device strategies that deliver strong business results.
- Experience managing complex multi-channel and multi-regional media programs which includes various agencies and internal stakeholders.
- Strong analytical mindset and is comfortable with deep diving into numbers to understanding true performance and deliver actionable insights (in collaboration with analytic teams).
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, and interpersonal skills, and is able to present (and sell) media strategies to non-marketing stakeholders effectively.
- Strong problem resolution skills, including effectively addressing any issue in collaborating with others.
- Highly organized and comfortable managing and optimizing complicated processes. A strong collaborator that can work with multiple agencies and stakeholders to ensure the media engine continues to run efficiently.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- BA / BS Bachelor's Degree
- 6 years in corporate marketing or advertising agency roles
- 4 years of managing cross-channel digital performance marketing programs of significant magnitude (preferably with a $5M USD annual media budget)
- 4 years in agency management.
- 4 years of handling direct reports
- 3 years of experience working in-region
- Deep understanding of media planning and buying
- 15% travel time both domestically / in-region and internationally; must have, or be able to obtain, all necessary documents to travel internationally as needed
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- 3 years working in a global marketing structure
- Experience in the travel and hospitality industry
- Experience managing cross regional media programs
- Experience managing offline media channels such as TV and OOH
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Sales and Marketing
Title: Director, Media - Asia Pacific
Requisition ID: APA013KV
- Hilton Jobs