Hilton Director, Commercial Performance - Asia Pacific in Singapore, Singapore
The Director, Commercial Performance - Asia Pacific (APAC) has responsibility to deliver and continuously improve the commercial performance process for APAC by providing valuable business intelligence and effective commercial insights to maximize performance. You will be responsible for leading the business performance cycle and articulation of performance insights to guide the Commercial Leadership through source and market insights into areas of opportunities and risks. In addition, you will support, the commercial focus process, competitor analysis earnings comparisons, compset changes, Quarterly Business Reviews, and brand performance integration. You will partner with all relevant stakeholders to ensure a continued focus of APAC’s commercial performance.
You will be required to have extensive experience in writing performance insights, ability to develop a customer focused narrative within our performance insights.
You will demonstrate leadership that ensures all aspects of the commercial operation are aligned with Hilton strategic priorities and that reporting teams exemplify the Hilton Values in how they operate every day.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, Commercial Performance - APAC, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Partner with Commercial Services leaders both regionally and globally to analyze and develop APAC’s performance insight including business drivers, trends and future risks and opportunities.
- Develop Commercial Operations content, storylines, and presentations for Senior Commercial Leadership for monthly & quarter business reviews and performance review meetings.
- Brief senior leadership on performance, critical performance insight, competitor analysis and planned commercial actions through both customer and market insights.
- Partner with analytics to provide insights on the APAC’s monthly and quarterly business review process to prepare Senior Commercial leadership with performance drivers, business insights and commercial actions in place to influence results.
- Support Regional Commercial Directors and Brand Performance in the delivery of Systemwide and Managed Commercial Focus Forums in region, providing insights on market opportunities and risks.
- Support Regional Commercial Directors on key hotel insights, content, and commercial deep dive preparations.
- Craft presentation content for Senior Commercial Leadership through the ability to convert data and analysis into consumable bits of information appropriate for the target audience.
- Own and plan regular communication for the APAC Commercial Team in the form of Commercial Director weekly calls and quarterly meetings.
- Lead compset changes and integration with STR for all regions.
- Liaise with Finance on Business Performance Cycle and reporting needs to ensure we meet all deadlines.
- Lead Commercial Scorecard – narrative and improvement plans for the Commercial Focus Meeting, where we have opportunities and risk to meeting our targets.
- Lead GAP to budget and Market Share Risks in the Commercial Focus Meeting and actions to rectify.
- Work in tandem with the Director of Planning & Governance to lead the monthly Commercial Focus Meeting for APAC.
- Integrate with Feasibility on a refined process for Development and feasibility processes, to provide a more efficient and consistent approaches to deals.
- Provide insights for the Commercial Strategic framework on areas of opportunity.
- Be the point of reference for Fair Market Share insights and reporting framework for APAC.
Reporting Production and Delivery
- Deliver accurate, timely, value-add reporting to Senior Commercial Leadership supporting the needs of Commercial segments, channels and regions on a Systemwide / O&M basis.
- Develop new insight sources to address information gaps and support new initiatives for both Systemwide and O&M.
- Drive automation in reporting process wherever possible to increase % of time spent on analytics and insight both Systemwide and O&M.
- Partner with the Commercial Analytics team to determine if the Commercial initiatives are effective or recommend enhancements or course correction.
What are we looking for?
A Director, Commercial Performance - APAC serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Ability to read and interpret data sources to define the performance insights
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence
- Positive relationship and influencing skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Personal dedication to succeed
- Strategic insight and execution
- Ability to direct and motivate non-direct reports
- Clear written and oral skills to develop insight content
- Proactive enterprise leadership mindset to work across the Commercial Services Organization within APAC and Global
- Independent collaborator who will reach out to the business and proactively think through and set up efficient processes to gather required insights for APAC
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years in analytical role
- Minimum three (3) years in role requiring regular presentation to executive leadership
- Minimum two (2) years managing staff or vendor relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Business performance storytelling and articulation to write business performance documents
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Global conference call participation (evening or early morning)
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Hotel operations / sales experience preferred
- Advance degree, MBA preferred
- Tableau Desktop experience, preferably in large matrixed organizations
- Hilton software programs
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Revenue Management
Title: Director, Commercial Performance - Asia Pacific
Requisition ID: APA0147J
- Hilton Jobs