Global Science and Technology Inc. Senior Research Engineer in Silver Spring, Maryland
Global Science and Technology, Inc (GST), a growing scientific and high technology company, is seeking aSenior Research Engineer.
This position is located in Silver Spring, MD, but is temporarily approved for telework due to Covid-19. Ahybrid model of onsite and telework each week will likely be put in place in the coming months.
The Senior Research Engineer will be responsible for designing, analyzing, and developing applications for visualizing, processing, and manipulating geophysical data. The candidate will provide professional products and services, outreach and education, and program and project management.
- Design, develop, and implement data ingest services to take raw data from observations or forecast models and prepare it for high-performance visualization.
- Identify meteorological or environmental features of interest and develop individual images and/or animations of satellite imagery for inclusion on NOAA website and social media accounts.
- Develop and maintain processes for automated data ingest and cataloging.
- Support the development of educational materials.
- Some travel is expected.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Geography, or related discipline
- 15 years of professional experience. Appropriate years of relevant experience can substitute for degree.
- Experience with IDL, McIDAS, and ArcGIS.
- Demonstrated proficiency in logical problem solving and proficiency in making assessments of all relevant clues to discover the cause of failures and recommend solutions.
- Experience with data processing in a real-time environment.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government background investigation.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veterans\' status, sexual orientation and gender identity. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.