Cree Facilities Electrical Engineer in Siler City, North Carolina
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
- Enjoy doing things that people say can’t be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
- Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
- Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
- Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
- Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here’s the Gist:
Wolfspeed is seeking a Facilities Electrical Engineer to join the Facilities team at our new location in Siler City, NC – the world’s largest silicon carbide materials factory. This person will oversee the installation and commissioning of electrical and power distribution systems of 480V -12.47KV as part of the new site start-up. You will then work with colleagues at other Wolfspeed facilities and our global engineering team to develop and implement standards for electrical system operation and maintenance. This will include system SOPs, PM programs, site electrical models, and coordination of system protection and control system hardware.
- Provide guidance to electrical contractors to perform necessary work to achieve electrical studies, implementation of remedy recommendations, incident investigations, and corrective actions
- Advise plants in the recommendations for changes in existing power distribution systems to meet manufacturing needs
- Provide expertise and guidance on all electrical studies, including short circuit analysis, arc-flash analysis, and over duty equipment analysis
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis and assist in executive corrective actions for electrical issues across site
- Coordinate site managers and/or personnel to address all essential electrical issues to increase safety and reliability of electrical sources
- Develop best practice standards in the area of electrical distribution, system protection, electrical equipment maintenance, and automation of electrical equipment
- Provide experience on working with complex switching and load balancing operations on high voltage substation switchgear
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of prior work experience as an Electrical Engineer in a high voltage environment
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and Electrical Safety in the workplace, Electrical Area Classification, Electrical Corporate Engineering and Maintenance Standards, guidelines and procedures
- Knowledge and experience with transformers, switchgear, motor control centers, protective relaying, motors, motor starters, fuses, O/L, AC drives, grounding, uninterruptible power supplies, batteries and chargers, emergency generators, and cables
- Ability to apply electrical theory and related knowledge in the design, testing, and troubleshooting of operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in a large manufacturing plant
- Ability to read and interpret one-lines and control schematics
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
To put it legally –Wolfspeed is an equal opportunity employer.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other protected status as required by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.