Continental RD_294-23_SW Developer in Shanghai, China
THE POSITION - Embedded Software Engineers (Telematics NAD cert)
Be part of the international software development team to develop embedded software for Radio, Radionavigation or Connectivity (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GSM / 4G LTE / 5G features based) products to meet OEM customer requirements. Be involved through-out the software development life cycle (project planning, requirement definition and analysis, architecture analysis and definition, design, implementation, integration, and validation), field-test and maintenance of the embedded software.
• Design, Implement, robust software that complies with customer requirements and internal software processes.
• Perform multiple tasks and work independently on new or complex assignments.
• Able to systematically solve problems and perform root cause analysis.
• Identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them.
• Able to operate with limited direction.
• Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software reviews, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
• Perform unit level testing on software modules developed.
• Diagnosis and debugging on emulator and debugger, including use of test equipment (spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, simulators etc.).
• Ensure Software testing and quality assurance.
• Ensure software compliance with internal software development process (SPICE).
• Review hardware designs and hardware/software interfaces and make recommendations for cost effective solutions.
• Evaluate internal and external software change requests.
• Interface with 3rd party software suppliers.
• Lead/coordinate software design topics related to risk effort, and timing.
• Support meetings with cross functional project team, hardware/test team, and customers as needed.
• Review decisions made by other engineers.
• Meet project deadlines and cost constraints.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in related technical field as an engineer.
• Proficiency with C/C++.
• Good understanding of wireless communication protocol(3G/4G/5G).
• Familiarity with microcontrollers with a RTOS.
• Understanding of real-time software concerns like multi-threading and concurrency.
• Experience working on low-power, memory-constrained target environment.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Master’s Degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience on Qualcomm mobile/vehicle platform(chipset).
• 3+ years Automotive embedded software Architecture experience.
• 3+ years Telematics engineering experience.
• Multi-core experience.
• Automotive HW and embedded SW experience.
• Embedded Linux.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
- Continental Jobs