Dell PowerScale Senior Software Engineer in Shanghai, China
PowerScale Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Shanghai to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineer in PowerScale file system and data services (FSDS) team in Shanghai, you will be working on cutting-edge technologies to build the next generation distributed file system and data services like replication, archive, and cloud storage features for
the PowerScale OneFS storage cluster.
• Code in a variety of languages, primarily C, C+• Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
• Participate into PowerScale core file system and data services project teams to provide new functionality or improvement for existing functionalities to satisfy customer expectation and keep PowerScale long term competence.
• Prepare written specifications for tasks of varied complexity.
• Use defined software lifecycle methodologies
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Exceptional C/C++ programming skills and understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team
• Experience with distributed systems and knowledge in Linux/Unix system
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
• 2–5 years of related experience
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• Extensive understanding of multi-threaded, asynchronous, kernel-mode programming concepts
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here (https://jobs.dell.com/diversity-and-inclusion) .
Application closing date: 30 July 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here (https://jobs.dell.com/equal-employment-opportunity-policy-statement) .
- Dell Jobs