NovaCare Prosthetics and Orthotics Patient Service Specialist in Seneca, Pennsylvania
Patient Service Specialist Job ID 264046
Experience (Years) 0
Category Administrative - Administrative Services
Street Address 3338 State Route 257
Company NovaCare Rehabilitation
Position Type Per Diem
When patients enter our center in Seneca, we want them to have an exceptional experience - starting at the front desk. That's where you come in. As a patient service specialist, you'll manage both the patient side and business side of our center. The front desk is your station to be a patient advocate, communicate with individuals via email and phone, manage patient payments and utilize multiple computer programs. Don't underestimate the impact you can make on every patient's care experience, even before they leave the waiting room. Check out the video below for additional insight into the work of our Patient Service Specialists!
- Clinic Location: Seneca, PA
- Type of Employment: Per Diem See below Float
- Salary: $13/hr+ (pending experience)
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits: No
- Previous medical office experience: Not required
- Previous experience with insurance/billing: Not required
- Monday through Friday hours vary/some evenings required. Will be covering a few local clinics in the area
- We are actively seeking candidates who are adaptable and flexible, patient-centric, exceptional communicators, detail-oriented and team players.
In this role, typical responsibilities include the following:
- Greet new and existing patients as they arrive, register new patients and provide information about what to expect during their visit
- Schedule patient appointments in person or over the phone
- Regular communication with parties including, but not limited to: attorney offices, insurance companies, translation companies, market operational leaders and business development team
- Collect co-pays from patients, manage payer approvals and conduct insurance authorizations and verifications
- Provide patients with pertinent information about their next appointment as they check out
- Respond to requests for information from patients, providers, and coworkers
- High School Diploma or GED required
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- 1 Year of Medical Office Experience
- 1 Year of Front Desk Experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 1 Year of Medical Office Experience
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing (including10-key) throughout a work day/shift
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, safely, from ground to waist using proper body mechanics
- Ability to carry office supplies up to 10lbs
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
Novacare is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Job ID: 256805
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are co sidered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
How To Apply:
Click Apply Now, select a résumé, then click Continue. Proceed to final screen using Employer's follow-up instructions for completing the application on their website.