Jacobs Project Controls Manager in Sellafield, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Head of Project Controls, responsible for the following:
• In relation to project variances: Conduct full and detailed variance analysis and subsequent root cause analysis, followed by provision of narrative, recommendations & recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales.
• Development of earned value management approaches which satisfy the requirements of both internal and external stakeholders
• For project phase and lifecycle, provision of reliable & consistent Estimate at Completion, (EAC); Estimate to Completion (ETC), Expenditure (ACWP); Anticipated Final Cost, (AFC) including alignment of EAC to Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP)
• Establish the Project Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and lead on the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data. Developing benchmarking information to meet specific needs;
• Provide trended data to the Line of Business Director and/or Project Manager based on performance trends to date and emerging trends including making recommendations
• Tracking resource productivity and analysing time booked to projects including resource usage vs. planned, resource constraints, etc. and make any relevant recommendations to the Project Manager;
• Preparation of project performance & cost reports in a timely manner.
• Using risk management practices as well as other project controls techniques to identify and capture opportunities to develop and improve upon project execution approaches / methodologies
• Drive continuous improvement and innovation initiatives both autonomously and in collaboration with others
• To act as the Project Controls lead in project reviews and audits and facilitate assessments of the Project Controls arrangements to ensure compliance is achieved with company procedures
• Provide a focal point for issue resolution relative to project controls activities
• Have experience of and the ability to lead risk management activities including setting the risk management approach and embedding it within the team
• Have experience of and the ability to lead schedule management activities with a particular focus on managing complex, multi-discipline programmes in accordance with an NEC contract
• The ability to define and support the change control process relative to project controls inputs and deliverables
• Provide mentoring and support to junior team members
• Responsible for the delivery of the projects controls function on a project including leading any additional project controls team members
• Responsible for providing information to the business to allow for wider resource planning
• Responsible for personal workload and ensuring all deadlines are met and for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A good understanding of project controls, commercial, and estimating.
• Significant experience of large multi-disciplinary projects, including implementation of lessons learned
• Experience of working on complex projects which are geographically displaced.
• Experience in managing schedules on NEC Projects
• Good understanding of the various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications
• Good understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment, and labour requirements
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular; Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering / construction related discipline
• Strong communication skills, including writing reports & presenting.
• Experienced with Primavera P6
• Positive attitude to health, safety, inclusion, and diversity
• Awareness of Project Management principles (PRINCE2 / APM)
• A basic understanding of various contract types & contract law
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs