Sinclair Broadcast Group Product Manager – News Websites in Seattle, Washington
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager - News Websites to join our fast-paced Sinclair Digital team comprised of passionate and innovative individuals working together to combine their collective expertise into exciting (and growing!) products. This is your opportunity to define the strategy and features for engaging audiences with trusted and useful experiences across our entire news website ecosystem supporting Sinclair’s 186 stations across 87 U.S. markets. Get ready to lead creative ways to solve big problems, build great working relationships between your team and business partners, and deliver world-class products at scale.
This position is in Seattle, WA or U.S. Remote Eligible.
Who You Are
You possess a producer mindset with the ability to define the product direction while acting as an instigator and catalyst to get features delivered all while remaining thoughtful, creative, and genuine. You understand how to achieve business goals while grounded in a user-centric mindset. You are an influential communicator who builds long lasting connections and thrives in a complex environment. You can seamlessly collaborate with technical, creative, business, and data minded stakeholders. You don’t just navigate ambiguity; you shape it into opportunity. Finally, you want to be part of something special. We care a lot about making meaningful products that are part of user’s daily lives and we care even more about each other. Sound like you? Read on...
What You’ll Do :
- Lead cross-functional efforts to define vision, product roadmaps and go-to-market strategies for the news ecosystem.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, data partners, ad tech, news station stakeholders, etc. to bring new features, innovation, and optimization to life.
- Define goals and key performance metrics and ensure they are aligned with annual product and news objectives.
- Build and maintain a solid knowledgebase of competitive products and market trends in the news and web spaces.
- Make ongoing improvements to product management processes that standardize the definition of product requirements for the websites.
- Represent news web in all required steering groups, leadership meetings, and processes.
What You Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in product management roles
- 3+ years of experience managing web products
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, product design, or related field or equivalent practical experience
- In-depth knowledge of web technology and best practices (e.g. SEO, Ad Tech balanced with UX, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, inform recommendations, and drive actions
- The soft skills to be able to recognize when to challenge conventional thinking in an effective way while also being receptive to feedback and differing points of view
- SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager certification or Pragmatic Certified a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally for company business
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.