Grant Thornton LLP IT Risk Senior Associate in Seattle, Washington
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
The marketplace is evolving. Customer and employee expectations are changing. What worked yesterday may not work as well tomorrow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals help companies stay ahead of the game with bold thinking, big ideas and progressive strategies.
Today’s organizations are challenged with more risks than ever before that can impact their bottom-line performance. Grant Thornton’s team of risk specialists helps businesses effectively manage strategic, compliance and regulatory risks.
IT Risk Senior Associate
The IT Risk Senior Associate is responsible for delivering a range of IT-oriented risk advisory projects to multiple public and private company clients across a variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, executing, and reporting on internal control and internal audit engagements that develop, assess, or help improve the design and operating effectiveness of IT risk management and internal control activities. The Senior Associate works closely with Partners, Principals, Managing Directors, Senior Managers, Directors, and Managers, and plays a key role in project delivery, client relationship management, and business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities **
- Run client engagements from start to completion, which includes planning, executing, and reporting on co-sourced and out-sourced IT internal audits, IT internal control reviews, IT risk management program assessments, and tests of IT controls (IT general controls, application controls, interface controls, key reports, etc.) as part of management’s internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance program, and for System & Organization Control (SOC) reporting.
- Support engagement Manager and/or Senior Manager/Director in preparing and managing engagement project plans, timelines, budgets, and economics.
- Supervise, train, and mentor Associates and Interns on engagements, and assess performance and provide feedback.
- Obtain an understanding of clients’ business, objectives, strategy, operations, processes, IT systems, and controls.
- Develop and execute IT internal audit workplans and control test procedures based on engagement scope, and client environment risk factors.
- Applying knowledge of IT trends, systems and processes, evaluate findings for significance and risk, and develop recommendations for improvement based on leading practice.
- Work with client to deliver services in accordance with project leadership and client expectations (gather information, resolve problems, recommend internal control enhancement opportunities, etc.)
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance client satisfaction
- Work collaboratively across Advisory Business Lines (ABLs) and with other Service Lines (e.g., Audit Services and Tax Services).
- Adhere to Firm policies, procedures, and methodologies.
- Participate in recruiting efforts.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization) and other defined performance metrics.
- Participate in business development activities and proposal development as appropriate.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business Intelligence, or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
Two (2) to six (6) years of related work experience with a professional services firm, or as part of an Internal Audit function.
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, or CPA license/certification preferred.
- Experience in assessing the design and operating effectiveness of IT risk management and IT controls (IT general controls, application controls, etc.) for Internal Audit, SOX compliance, or other risk management activities.
- Understanding of prevailing IT risk management and cybersecurity risk management standards (COBIT, NIST CSF, etc.)
- Experience assessing the configuration and controls of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, etc.) a plus.
- Experience assessing the configuration and controls of SAP ECC, S/4 HANA, etc. (BASIS and security administration, process controls, etc.) a strong positive.
- Strong understanding of IT general controls, and current focus areas of external financial statement auditors (completeness and accuracy of key reports, level of precision, etc.)
- Experience with assessing GRC and Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions a plus.
- Experience with assessing at least one (preferably multiple) operating system (OS/400, Windows, UNIX, etc.), database system (Oracle, SQL, etc.), and IT infrastructure / network component (domain controllers, firewalls, routers, intrusion prevention / detection solutions, etc.).
- Experience leveraging ACL, IDEA, QlikView / QlikSense, Tableau, Spotfire, or other analytics and visualization solutions a plus.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Office Suite applications.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required.
Travel percentage: 60%
Rewards and Benefits
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit rewards and benefits .
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only:// We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Title: IT Risk Senior Associate
Requisition ID: 050543
Other Locations: US-CA-San Francisco, US-CO-Denver, US-GA-Atlanta, US-MO-Kansas City
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs