Ash Grove Cement Company I&E Specialist - Seattle, WA - 482728 in Seattle, Washington
Job ID: 482728 Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America. Position: Industrial Electrician Reports to: Electrical Supervisor Shift: Monday-Thursday, 5:30am-3:30pm OR Tuesday-Friday, 5:30am-3:30pm PST Wage Scale: \$40.47 - \$51.42 w/ potential for overtime Note: The wage scale for the position is the full wage scale an individual can make based on performance, experience, and seniority throughout their time at the company. At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package to include:
- Family Culture - We treat our team like family
- Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance.
- Paid Time Off - Regular full-time employees with less than two years of continuous service will accrue 3.077 vacation hours per pay period.
- Newly hired employees, upon completion of 6 months of continuous service with the company will be provided 40 hours of personal sick time off.
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - We\'ll assist with continuing education that aligns with your career goals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
What you\'ll be contributing:
- Performs preventative maintenance on: EPA-regulated extractive gas analyzers, extractive gas analyzer systems for other processes, large horsepower air-cooled motors, natural gas firing equipment for a rotary cement kiln, and pulverized coal processing and dosing systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs: Plant-wide PLC control system, MCC (Motor Control Center) equipment, AC VFDs and DC VSDs, plant-wide fiber optic, and copper Ethernet communication system, and plant IP network video system in addition to all electrical circuits and systems associated with cement manufacturing.
- Calibrates and provides documentation for weigh scales, weigh feeders, temperature/pressure transducers, and opacity monitoring equipment for environmental compliance.
- Collaborates on the design and installation: Motor control equipment, networking equipment, process efficiency improvements, power-saving technologies, and condition monitoring systems.
- Always be ready and willing to react to the plant\'s needs to ensure production goals are met
- Consistently provide excellent and courteous electrical support to all plant personnel.
To succeed in this position, you will need:
An associate\'s degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience working in a similar environment or on similar equipment is required.
Experience performing related electrical and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance responsibilities. - Preferred
Knowledge of contactors and starters, motors and motor controls (hookup and sizing), AC/DC motors, transformers, motor bearings and shaft alignment, PLCs, pneumatics, hydraulics, power distribution, and cable termination - Preferred