Glumac Electrical Engineer - Department Lead - 15000001005 in Seattle, Washington
Glumac is seeking an Electrical Engineer - Department Lead for our Seattle office. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a global leader in building engineering committed to combatting climate change through decarbonization, electrification, and resilient design. For this role, Glumac offers the freedom and flexibility of hybrid work while still engaging people and culture for a deep sense of belonging. We are honored to promote a culture of acceptable risk-taking, creativity, and innovation and we reward our people. Come contribute to meaningful work at Glumac! Your Impact This role will entail:
- Provide overall leadership and contribute to marketing and business development for the office as well as mentoring the electrical staff.
- Seller-doer working closely with clients to manage their needs, budget expectations, and project schedules.
- Plan and design electrical power systems for buildings and facilities, including hospitals, light rail, laboratories, high-rise offices, educational facilities, and other commercial and institutional projects.
- Lead face-to-face and other technical communication with clients on MEP topics.
- Acts as \"Engineer of Record\".
- Design and specification of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, performing calculations of lighting systems and associated controls for assigned projects.
- Prioritize engineering project team labor to meet multiple moving deadlines and track project budgets.
- Review MEP systems designed by others, interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and other clients.
- Lead assigned project teams as they perform their tasks and participate in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management.
- Assist in marketing and development of new and existing Clientele.
- Participate in activities and organizations related to our industry outside of daily business routine, developing peer relationships, technical growth, and business contacts
What You Bring Qualifications Impact, Innovation, and Inclusivity should be core values. The qualifications you bring include:
- 15-20 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer working with infrastructure and/or building systems.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Current Professional Engineering PE license in the State of Washington.
- Experienced Project Manager to understand Client\'s desired outcome as it relates to budget and timing and drive designs communicating those deliverables within the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience maintaining successful client relationships.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with ability to lead multiple-discipline project teams.
- Ability to mentor and train young engineers, reviewing their work and giving appropriate feedback to ensure quality control.
- Significant sustainable design experience strongly desired.
- LEED AP BD+C accreditation is highly desired.
- WELL preferred.
Salary Range: \$130,000 - \$190,000 The base salary range represents the low and high end of the proposed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Glumac\'s total compensation package for employees. About Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company, is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission is to engineer and commission \"green buildings that work.\" We look for people who want to join us in stepping boldly toward the challenge of reducing the carbon output of buildings through intelligent, data-drive