Lincoln Financial Group Director, Reinsurance Accounting in Seattle, Washington
Alternate Locations: Work from Home; Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Austin, TX (Texas); Bakersfield, CA (California); Baltimore, MD (Maryland); Baton Rouge, LA (Louisiana); Birmingham, AL (Alabama); Boise, ID (Idaho); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Buffalo, NY (New York); Canonsburg, PA (Pennsylvania); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Chicago, IL (Illinois); Cincinnati, OH (Ohio); Clearwater, FL (Florida); Cleveland, OH (Ohio); Columbia, SC (South Carolina); Columbus, OH (Ohio); Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Dallas, TX (Texas); Deerfield Beach, FL (Florida); Denver, CO (Colorado); Detroit, MI (Michigan); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Durham, NC (North Carolina); Edina, MN (Minnesota); Edison, NJ (New Jersey); El Paso, TX (Texas); Ellicott City, MD (Maryland); Fayetteville, SC (South Carolina); Florence, SC (South Carolina); Fort Lauderdale, FL (Florida); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Fort Worth, TX (Texas); Gainsville, FL (Florida); Glen Allen, VA (Virginia); Glendale, CA (California); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Greenwood Village, CO (Colorado); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Houston, TX (Texas); Huntsville, AL (Alabama); Indianapolis, IN (Indiana); Irvine, CA (California); Jacksonville, FL (Florida); Johnson City, TN (Tennessee); Kansas City, KS (Kansas); Kansas City, MO (Missouri); La Jolla, CA (California); Lexington, KY (Kentucky); Los Angeles, CA (California); Louisville, KY (Kentucky); Lutherville, MD (Maryland); Madison, WI (Wisconsin); Memphis, TN (Tennessee); Miami, FL (Florida); Milwaukee, WI (Wisconsin); Minneapolis, MN (Minnesota); Nashville, TN (Tennessee); New Braunfels, TX (Texas); New York, NY (New York); None; Norwood, OH (Ohio); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Orlando, FL (Florida); Palm Desert, CA (California); Paramus, NJ (New Jersey); Parsippany, NJ (New Jersey); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Pittsburgh, PA (Pennsylvania); Plano, TX (Texas); Plymouth Meeting, PA (Pennsylvania); Portland, ME (Maine); Portland, OR (Oregon); Provo-Orem, UT (Utah); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Raleigh, NC (North Carolina); Richmond, VA (Virginia); Rochester, NY (New York); Rockville, MD (Maryland); Rolling Meadows, IL (Illinois); Rye Brook, NY (New York); Sacramento, CA (California); Salt Lake City, UT (Utah); San Antonio, TX (Texas); San Antonio, TX (Texas); San Diego, CA (California); San Francisco, CA (California); San Ramon, CA (California); Schaumburg, IL (Illinois); Scottsdale, AZ (Arizona); Seattle, WA (Washington); Southfield, MI (Michigan); St. Louis, MO (Missouri); St. Petersburg, FL (Florida); Syosset, NY (New York); Tampa, FL (Florida); Toledo, OH (Ohio); Tucson, AZ (Arizona); Tupelo, MS (Mississippi); US All Regions; US Midwest; US Northeast; US Southeast; US Southwest; US West; Vienna, VA (Virginia); Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia); Walnut Creek, CA (California); Washington, DC (District of Columbia); Westlake Village, CA (California); White Plains, NY (New York); Windsor, CT (Connecticut); Woodmere, OH (Ohio)
Remote : Work at home employee residing outside of a commutable distance to an office location.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 71374
General Purpose of Job
This position will provide leadership and direction to ensure group results for their assigned Reinsurance accounting area(s) of responsibility. They will direct the preparation, recording, analysis, and reporting of complex Reinsurance accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
The Role at a Glance
As the Director of Reinsurance, you will manage staff, help lead the onboarding of new strategic reinsurance transactions and administration existing reinsurance. Strategic reinsurance transactions involve accounting and administration complexities to be analyzed on a case by case basis as each transaction evolves. This role will require working with various business areas and key stakeholders to evaluate the structure of reinsurance transactions to identify and communicate accounting issues, propose accounting resolutions, and communicate status to accounting stakeholders. In this position you will collaborate within the Chief Accounting Office to provide clarity, on a GAAP and STAT basis, the reporting of new and existing reinsurance transactions. Oversee onshore and offshore affiliate captive reinsurance. Support the monthly and/or quarterly close process and reinsurance GAAP and Statutory financial reporting requirements.
What you'll be doing
Evaluate reinsurance transactions, their structure and financial accounting implications of these transactions.
• Ability to read reinsurance treaty agreements and apply concepts in the agreements to the appropriate accounting and administrative approach.
• Research accounting guidance and apply appropriate accounting guidance to complex reinsurance transactions and structures.
• Understand, evaluate, and conclude on risk transfer as it applies to new transactions on both a GAAP and Statutory basis.
• Collaborate on proforma financial statements for new and/or amended reinsurance accounting transactions.
• Review and analyze proforma financial statements to determine impacts of the transactions to the enterprise and ensure proforma financial statement reporting is accurate.
• Explain the financial statement impacts of the reinsurance transaction to key stakeholders and leaders.
• Evaluate treaty administrative implications of reinsurance structures to ensure the Reinsurance Accounting team can support ongoing administrative requirements.
• Responsible for Reinsurance reporting, internal and external, on new and current reinsurance transactions.
• Support a timely and accurate monthly and quarterly financial close process.
• Understand the relationship of applicable systems and data required to account for and support administration of new transactions as applicable.
• Develop control processes to ensure effective procedures are in place to support internal operating and SOX controls as new transactions are established.
• Identify and recommend best practice opportunities to improve efficiencies as new reinsurance processes are established.
• Provide training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and give honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
• Establish and implement individual and team priorities, performance goals and objectives .
• Manage and evaluate individual/team performance and take appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards.
• Ensure that top talent is hired and retained to support these responsibilities.
• Develop and maintain a strong relationship with internal/external auditors as applicable and ensure identified issues are resolved in a collaborative manner.
• Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as required.
What we’re looking for
10+ Years of experience years in accounting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
• 4 Year/Bachelor's degree
• CPA Certification required
• Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
• Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
• Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Competitive 401K and employee benefits (https://hrdirectdocs.lfg.com/misc/HR/Recruiting/BenefitsResourcesGuide.pdf)
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $87,700 - $159,900
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive (https://www.lfg.com/public/aboutus/companyoverview/diversityinclusion?audience_page_id=1422918942386) environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lincolnfinancialgroup) , Twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/lincolnfingroup) , LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/4307?trkInfo=tas%3Alincoln+financial%2Cidx%3A3-1-3&trk=tyah) , and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lincolnfingroup/) . Sign up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.com
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov) notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov/es) avisos.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Lincoln Financial Group Jobs