Benaroya Research Institute DevOps Engineer I-II in Seattle, Washington
The Immune Tolerance Network (ITN program or the “Network”) is a research cooperative that began in 1999 and combines the expertise of over 70 scientists and clinicians from fifty institutions both in the US and abroad.
The primary focus of the Network is on the development of new tolerogenic approaches for the treatment and prevention of disease in three clinical areas: asthma and allergic diseases; autoimmune diseases; and immune-mediated rejection of transplanted solid organs, tissues and cells.
This position will work collaboratively with IT and the Data Collaboration Team to lead the effort to automate and streamline operations and processes to increase the pace of reliable application release. In addition, the DevOps Engineer builds and maintains tools for deployment and testing in stable, scalable, and reproducible production environments.
Duties include the implementation, and support of infrastructure across cloud and on-premises solutions.
The incumbent will be a champion of the DevOps approach, seeking to meld application development and deployment into a more streamlined process. This position will serve as part of the development team in order to facilitate continuous development, continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous monitoring processes. Accordingly, the incumbent will assist developers and systems engineers in the use and integration of tools such as code repositories, configuration management tools, systems and environmental monitoring tools, and operational intelligence frameworks.
This discipline overlaps with some IT functions, including management of Windows and Linux Servers, Microsoft and Linux Domain Services (ADUC, ADFS, DNS, CA, etc.), Docker containers, SAN/NAS storage, Virtualization, client/server software and security, and System Center Suite. However, the focus of the DevOps role is automation and integration of these services with development efforts and customer-facing services.
DevOps Engineer I
• Bachelor’s degree and one year of related dev ops experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Basic knowledge of continuous integration and delivery
• Familiarity with Java application and web servers such as JBoss and Tomcat, Docker-based deployment, and other DevOps automation tools such as Ansible and Jenkins
DevOps Engineer II
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of related dev ops experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Thorough understanding of continuous integration and delivery
• Expertise with Java application and web serves such as JBoss and Tomcat, Docker-based deployment, and other DevOps automation tools such as Ansible and Jenkins
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Requisition number: 1684
External Company Name: Benaroya Research Institute
External Company URL: http://www.benaroyaresearch.org/
Street: 1201 Ninth Avenue