Applied Materials Application Engineer III Senior - (E3) in Santa Clara, California
Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
A semiconductor process and hardware expert with hands-on fab experience and knowledge of state-of-the-art analytics applications in CMP or other related areas.
Engage on service product development, validation, and application at customer sites. Able to identify customer HVPs and map with capabilities either existing or to develop.
Lead and support projects to deliver to KPIs for success at customer sites.
Communicate clearly and timely to both internal and external customers on progress vs plan, results, next steps, and help needed.
Document BKMs and procedures to help develop training material and train others.
Direct experience of coding in Python or R is a plus.
Travel to domestic or international locations at 25%.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Master’s Degree in related fields.
- 510 Years (preferably with direct semiconductor fab experiences.)
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 25% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
- Applied Materials Jobs