Texas State University Irrigation Technician II in San Marcos, Texas
Posting/Functional TitleIrrigation Technician II
University Pay Plan TitleIrrigation Technician II
DepartmentGrounds and Waste Management Operations
Recruitment TypeOpen to All
Monthly Salary$2,500 - $3,664.48
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Skilled in installing and repairing irrigation systems and controllers.
Ability to read and interpret manuals, work orders and assignments.
Ability to perform at times manual digs and strenuous work in all types of weather conditions.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Knowledge of Irrigation systems and controllers.
Knowledge of operating heavy equipment, pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, measuring tape, pipe threaders, volt meters and electric valve finders.
Basic knowledge of hydraulics and backflows.
Knowledge of basic safety principles.
Knowledge of PPE
Responsible for maintaining and servicing all irrigation systems on campus.
Install and repair irrigation systems and controllers.
Determine system malfunctions.
Repair electric hydrometers and valves.
Perform preventative maintenance on irrigation systems.
Construct walks, curbs, valve boxes and barricades.
Clean, maintain and gather tools and supplies.
Perform emergency repairs to irrigation systems.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Information to Applicants
Job Open Date02/12/2024
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until FilledYes
Normal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End5:00PM
Posting NoticesApplicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., You will be required to electronically attach a resume., You will be required to electronically attach a list of references.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.