CommonSpirit Health System Vice President Public Relations and Content Strategy in San Francisco, California
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The System Vice President Public Relations and Content Strategy will serve as a senior communications strategist and member of the External Communications and Public Affairs Executive Leadership Team, will be responsible for advancing the mission and strategic success of the organization, working extensively with the Board of Directors, the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team. They will lead how the evolving story of CommonSpirit Health is framed and communicated across earned (print, broadcast, digital/social) and paid media channels, and through the strategic visibility of executive leadership.
This executive role will ensure that the organization’s message is distributed across a multitude of media channels and target audiences to meet its business objectives, while responsible for ongoing development of messages incorporating various content—verbal and visual, data-driven and personal-story grounded, local, regional and national—that collectively support a compelling and credible narrative. In collaboration with colleagues will oversee corporate strategy, branding, marketing, issue management, stakeholder and community relations, facility-level and internal communications, to ensure consistent, strategic messaging across all platforms.
• Oversee the evolving development of compelling messages, informed by data and storytelling, that convey verbally and visually how the organization is delivering on its unique promise, purpose and business strategy.
• Develop and manage a proactive, integrated media relations plan to build national visibility for and awareness of CommonSpirit as a leading U.S. healthcare system. This will include proactive relationship-building with key reporters, bloggers and editorial writers; and development of an in-house “newsroom” with the capacity to identify, package and strategically distribute storytelling content that advances understanding of and appreciation for CommonSpirit’s promise and purpose.
• Assume lead responsibility for the readiness of those executives doing media, including media training and messaging practice as appropriate.
• Lead an executive visibility program that will ensure that CommonSpirit’s office of the CEO and other leaders, as appropriate, are recognized and sought after by the media and as speakers and thought leaders.
• Work closely with marketing to integrate digital, mobile and social media platforms; leverage a digital strategy to amplify content.
• Co-manage the annual operating budget for external agencies, consultants and other contract resources who work on media relations and other external communications activities.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with executive leadership, internal stakeholders and employees across all levels, including the office system functions: Operations, Patient Care, Physician Enterprise, Mission Integration, Strategy and Business Development, Marketing, and Brand Advertising.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality. Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis, fostering open dialogue, positive morale and a feeling of belonging among team members.
• Develop and consistently implement a framework for measuring the quality and value of media relations and executive visibility activities, and make this visible to the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field, business or health administration; master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in corporate communications and public relations with significant experience in a healthcare organization (or in an agency role focused on healthcare clients).
• Minimum of seven (7) years leadership experience
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2021-156385
Employment Type Full Time
Hours / Pay Period 80
Standard Hours Monday - Friday (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Facility / Process Level : Name CommonSpirit Health
Location CA-San Francisco
Equal Opportunity CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs