Federal Reserve Bank Sr. Communications Specialist - Term in San Francisco, California
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is looking for aSr. Communications Specialistfor a one year assignment. Are you passionate about building a great work culture through communications? We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and for a dynamic and creative team. Our Communications and Creative team tell our stories and keeps the Bank connected, ensuring we get the right messages at the right time.
This role is a temporary assignment (one year) with the possibility of an extension. As a temporary employee of the Fed, you are salaried and benefited, and work directly for the Bank for a defined period of time. In this role, you will work with a team of communications professionals to bring our communication strategies to life. You will deliver clear, concise, and consistent messages for employee communications, adapting and publishing our messages to the right internal channels.
- Produce, edit, and publish two Bank wide weekly newsletters with an eye for compelling content and engagement.
- Assess the performance of newsletters on a regular basis. Researches and shares improvement opportunities with management.
- Produce basic graphic layouts, including photo editing, for weekly newsletters. Select graphics for intranet stories to support content and designing basic PowerPoint presentations and digital displays.
- Provide general writing and copyediting for special projects, including intranet blog posts, newsletter announcement items, webpage content, and event invitations.
- Provides consultation, assistance, and guidance on matters relating to internal and external communications and branding guidelines.
- Research, develop, and edit content including blogs while meeting the needs of different audiences.
- Analyze complex issues, break them down, and support business-line clients in communicating those issues in written forms.
- Produce communication plans to support business-line projects and initiatives.
- Apply project management skills to communication strategies to ensure objectives are met on time and within scope.
- Research and apply industry best practices to keep content and strategies contemporary and in alignment with best-in-class experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, liberal arts, marketing, public relations, or journalism or equivalent experience
- Typically requires five or more years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Strong knowledge of communications best practices, including techniques and standards relevant to writing, editing, formatting, composing, and producing written and web materials.
- The ability to deeply understand, empathize with, and reach different audiences.
- Proficient in graphic layout
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, and MS Word, Web Publishing tools
- Skilled writer and editor with knowledge of APA writing style.
- Experience working with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of central banking, financial markets, and public policy.
- Industry certifications in corporate communications, public relations, and marketing.
/At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard of Retirement / Pension./
/We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment./
/At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Title: Sr. Communications Specialist - Term
Location: CA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 268811
Other Locations: WA-Seattle, UT-Salt Lake City, AZ-Phoenix, CA-Los Angeles, OR-Portland