Randstad US sr director-engineering in san diego, California
san diego , california
posted june 21, 2022
$160,000 - $180,000 per year
category computer and mathematical occupations
· 3+ years of people management experience?
· 8+ years as a DevOps engineer?
· Hands-on experience building CICD pipelines that are used daily by developers
· Hands-on experience in infrastructure provisioning automation using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools and pipelines on AWS primary and other cloud providers
· Integration with tests automation frameworks for integration, regression and performance tests
· A passion for supporting developer productivity?
· Successfully recruited and built great teams?
· Experience managing geographically distributed and high performing development teams (in Kubernetes/Java/AWS environments).?
· The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility?
· Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication?
· Ability to articulate the design walkthrough with architects and discuss strategy/requirements with teams.?
· You have managed teams that designed and operated critical infrastructure, particularly with a broad remit across core capabilities, builds, and quality?
· You are empathetic to customer needs but visionary enough to not just deliver a faster horse?
· You are comfortable planning in quarters, and can set a vision for several years?
· You are excited about collaborating with teammates across the organization, to provide a wonderful user experience for key developer workflows?
· You are comfortable working with geographically distributed teams?
We offer a culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
· The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
· Highly competitive compensation and rewards.
· Flexible work options, opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues and a comprehensive benefits program inclusive of progressive parental leave.
location: SAN DIEGO, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
We're looking for a leader to help build and guide a high impact, high leverage, and high visibility team, that is designing and implementing a development platform that enables Engineering to quickly and confidently ship quality software to market. This team creates and supports cross-cutting infrastructural services and tools used by engineers every day to deliver new capabilities.
What we do is key to allowing engineering to move quickly, safely and have the most productive time of their careers while building and running the features that the company and its customers need in order to thrive.
· Motivate and energize staff and manage change effectively.?
· Evaluate stability, compatibility, scalability, interoperability, and performance of software products and tooling.?
· Empower the engineering teams to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity?
· Partner with relevant stakeholders to attract talent, set goals, measure and reward performance?
· Help engineers advance in their careers and develop new skills?
· Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of engineering management
· Work with other leaders to design and lead developer productivity best practices for our Software Engineering teams:
o Development Tools, including IDEs and their plugins, source control, version and branch management strategies,?
o Microservices,?API specifications and contract validation, unit testing?
o Build Management, including build flow, packaging, containerization, and dependency management?
o Security,?static and dynamic scanning
o Test, including test frameworks, test automation, integration and system testing, performance testing, test suite management and reuse?
o Deployment,?including deployment flow, SDLC, software deployment and CICD pipelines, configuration?
o infrastructure?provisioning automation
o Operations, including monitoring and alerting, troubleshooting, and "shift-right" chaos and stress testing?
· Be a change agent and work with an extended community of senior engineers across the organization to drive adoption
Experience level: Experienced
Minimum 8 years of experience
AWS (3 years of experience is required)
Java (8 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information
see all jobs
sr. systems designer
san diego, california
$88,000 - $113,000 per yearposted july 12, 2022job summary: Our client, a gaming studio with one of the most anticipated games launching next year, is in need of a talented Senior Systems Designer. Someone who is interested in creating brand new worlds with a brand new IP. This person would be able to break down a system into its component parts and build it back up with ease. Above all else, looking to add a passionate gamer who enjoys and seeks out collaboration and receives, and gives, constructive view job
senior scientist, genome editing characterization
san diego, california
$120,000 - $140,000 per yearposted june 21, 2022job summary: Seeking a talented and motivated individual with expertise in molecular biology and next generation sequencing (NGS) to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to discovery and productization of novel cell-based immunotherapies. The Sr. Scientist will develop and trou ble-shoot molecular assays (pPCR, ddPCR) using high-throughput methods (automation). Must have sound experience with CRISPR and gene editing in iPSC's in support of this funct view job
senior materials artist
san diego, california
$85,000 - $125,000 per yearposted june 9, 2022job summary: Randstad Technology candidate is looking for an experienced Senior Material Artist to join their talented team of developers. The talented candidate will have the desire to nurture and mentor junior developers and grow with the company. If you are a self-driven, passionate developer, looking for a highly collaborative and creative environment, then this position is for you. Apply today to be considered. location: San Diego, California jo view job
let similar jobs come to you
We will keep you updated when we have similar job postings.
your email address
I consent to the use of my information for the purpose of sending me job alerts.
- Randstad US Jobs