Valero Team Lead Business Systems Support Refinery Systems – MM / Procurement in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As aTeam Lead, Business Systems Supportin the Refining Systems department in Valero’s IT division, you will lead the team that provides support for Valero’s maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) procurement and warehouse digital business solutions. This includes an ecosystem of software, mobile devices, and proprietary applications – both on premises and in the cloud. You will work with our refining, ethanol, green diesel, and corporate businesses on a daily basis to help achieve their goals and keep them running. Some of the key systems you will support are: SAP Procurement & Warehouse (MM), SAP Contracts (CLM), and SAP Master Data Governance (MDG). Your work will focus on support activities, but will also include projects and small enhancements.
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders.
You can help achieve this goal if you can:
- Implement and support SAP systems across the purchase-to-pay processes
- Lead, develop, and supervise a team of 3 staff members
- Act as the liaison between IT and the business for the procurement and warehouse functions
- Analyze and quickly master solutions for digitally-enabled business processes
- Support and improve applications implemented at various Valero locations
- Participate in all phases of the application development lifecycle (e.g. planning, analysis, design, development, cutover, and support)
- Be organized and communicate effectively through written and verbal methods
- Collaborate across the organization and with outside parties
- Provide outstanding customer service and keep related commitments for your tasks and those of your team
- Analyze metrics to report and evaluate team’s performance
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
*Successful candidates will have (required): *
- A Bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- 10 years of experience in SAP procurement/warehouse or MDG systems.
- Experience leading or supervising a team.
- Experience working in IT support role or on a project through the stabilization/hypercare phase.
*The most competitive candidates will have (preferred): *
- Experience with SAP S4 HANA
- Refinery industry or related business/IT knowledge in SAP Plant Maintenance or Enterprise Asset Management
- Experience with SAP PM/MM touch points and integration of SAP and non-SAP components
- Experience developing and managing MM system reliability analytics and metrics
- Experience debugging in SAP
- Experience using analysis and reporting tools such as SAP Business Intelligence, Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server, or other related systems.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding? Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits:
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- A sprawling campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
The above description reflects the primary job function and may not include all detailed job functions performed in the role.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero’s policy that employees must wear this card at all times while working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria athttps://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: May 24, 2021, 5:53:48 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 21001AG
- Valero Jobs