CityVet Veterinary Technician Assistant in San Antonio (Kallison Ranch), Texas
Happy people. Healthy pets.
At CityVet, we believe healthy pets start with happy people. It is important that our vet-led clinics are filled with smiling faces and compassionate pet people, and each of our employees play a vital role in creating the positive vibe felt at our offices. Starting a career at CityVet means growing in a fun, people-first environment where the future of our employees is just as important as the future of our business.
We are looking for the right person to join our team!
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician Assistant with a minimum of 1 year of experience. Although previous experience in a veterinary hospital is preferred, we do have entry-level positions available as well. We are willing to train the right candidate!
The Veterinary Technician Assistant (TA) is responsible for maintaining excellent patient care and operational productivity by helping the Veterinary Technician (VT) leverage their time and efforts to meet the needs of our clients and patients. The Veterinary Technician Assistant works to relieve the Veterinary Technician from technical work and administrative detail to achieve greater levels of efficiency in daily practice. Veterinary Technician Assistants help facilitate and streamline the communication from the operating room to the front office staff and most importantly, the client.
● High school diploma or GED
● At least 18 years of age at the time of hire
● At least 1 year of veterinary industry experience
● Understanding and ability to properly, and safely, restrain animals
● Knowledgeable on veterinary medical terminology and medication
● Lift 50 lbs to waist height
● Frequent standing, bending, walking, lifting, carrying, and reaching
● Strong organizational skills
● Excellent communication & listening skills
● Self-motivated & team-oriented
A day in the life:
● Assists the Veterinary Technician (VT) in preparing patients for medical, surgical, and dental surgeries by assisting in the administration of anesthesia and properly restraining the patients as needed for examination and treatment.
● Effectively partner with the Veterinarian and Veterinary Technician (VT) Teams to administer proper patient triage protocol based on the client and facilities' needs and capabilities in a fast-paced and effective manner.
● Aid Veterinary Technicians (VT) with booked appointments, walk-ins, and work-ins, including recording observations/treatment plans in the patient file, and aid in the performance of medical treatments under doctor supervision.
● Assist the Client Service Specialist team when needed
Purr-worthy people care
At CityVet, we put an added focus on the well-being of our staff members, because caring for people and their pets is no easy task. CityVet prioritizes meeting the full range of physical and mental well-being needs of our people. Our full-time employees enjoy:
● Competitive pay
● Scrub allowance
● Free CE opportunities
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Disability insurance
● Paid time off
● Competitive 401k program with matching
● Vision and dental insurance and HSA options
● Pet-care discounts
● Flexible schedules
● A positive work environment
● Opportunities for professional growth
Haven’t found your role?
Visit our careers page HERE to complete a comprehensive search for a role that fits your personality and skill set.
Know the perfect pet lover?
Submit your contact information HERE for an opportunity to receive up to $10,000 if your contact is hired and meets our Community Referral Program qualifications. Read more about the program HERE!
Follow the growth of CityVet on LinkedIn!