University of Utah PS Nurse Practitioner in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/31/2023
Requisition Number PRN35852B
Job Title PS Nurse Practitioner
Working Title PS Nurse Practitioner
Job Grade UGR
FLSA Code Professional
Patient Sensitive Job Code? Yes
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 00264 - Urology
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 97,000 - 132,000
Open Until Filled Yes
The Division of Urology is looking for a full time physician assistant or nurse practitioner to join a team of providers in the Reconstructive Urology and Transgender / Gender Affirmation Surgery Program. The advanced practice provider will have collaborative (together with MD) and independent clinics at multiple locations and provide care for patients with neurogenic bladder, urethral strictures, cancer survivorship issues, and before and after undergoing gender affirmation surgery (including vaginoplasty and phalloplasty).
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Sciences exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. The Health Sciences Center seeks faculty and staff who are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Sciences exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. The Health Sciences Center seeks faculty and staff who are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. This position is Category I: Mandatory Required on Campus or at Health Care Facilities.
- Conduct patient evaluations, including obtaining histories, performing physical examinations, formulating comprehensive care plans and documenting clinical encounters.
- During hours when the provider is not actively seeing patients, the advanced practice provider will be involved in team-based patient care through provision of indirect care, care coordination with multiple providers, and participation in quality improvement initiatives.
- Develop skills for clinic based procedures, such as performance of ultrasound, fluoroscopic imaging of the genitourinary tract, cystoscopy of the urethra and bladder, and other clinic based procedures.
- Hospital rounds on gender affirmation surgery patients, in order to counsel and educate them about post-operative care.
- Collaborate with physicians, physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants and other members of the team to form a high performing medical team
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Work Environment and Level of Frequency that may be required: Nearly Continuously: Office environment. Often: Infectious disease, oils ( there is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids ), hazards ( includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals ). Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required Nearly Continuously: Hearing, listening, talking. Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking, standing, sitting. Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Licensure to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Utah.
Certification in ACLS / BLS / NRP / ATLS may be required by your department or by privileging criteria.
Utah State prescriptive privileges.
Licensure is obtained by completing a Master’s degree in Nursing or equivalency (the only equivalency to the Master’s degree is current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner) and a National Certification which requires the successful completion of a nationally accredited examination.
UHPPM 1-56 requires that newly hired non-physician providers apply for credentialing and privileging at the time of hire.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or protected veteran’s status. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education program or activity that it operates, as required by Title IX and 34 CFR part 106. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs or activities extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both.
To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability or if you or someone you know has experienced discrimination or sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, you may contact the Director/Title IX Coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action:
Director/ Title IX Coordinator
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action ( OEO /AA)
383 University Street, Level 1 OEO Suite
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Online reports may be submitted at oeo.utah.edu
For more information: https://www.utah.edu/nondiscrimination/
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) or call 801-581-2300.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
https://safety.utah.edu/safetyreport This report includes statistics about criminal offenses, hate crimes, arrests and referrals for disciplinary action, and Violence Against Women Act offenses. They also provide information about safety and security-related services offered by the University of Utah. A paper copy can be obtained by request at the Department of Public Safety located at 1658 East 500 South.