Hatch New Graduate - Procurement Agent in Salt Lake City, Utah
New Graduate - Procurement AgentApply now »
Start apply with LinkedIn
Date:Nov 7, 2023
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Requisition ID: 88413
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining (https://www.hatch.com/Projects/Metals-And-Minerals) ,energy (https://www.hatch.com/Projects/Energy) , andinfrastructure (http://bit.ly/HatchProjectsInfrastructure) , our10,000 colleagues (http://bit.ly/3l3V1N3) in150 countries (https://bit.ly/2TTgBIl) tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery (http://bit.ly/HatchProjects) across the globe. With expertise insustainable (https://bit.ly/32fZGnV) studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering (https://bit.ly/2QBlkjr) space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated 2024 graduate for the Procurement Agentposition inSalt Lake City.
The Junior Procurement Agent is involved in the project from the initiation phase until the closing of the Purchase Order or Contract. The Jr. Procurement participates in purchasing, expediting, contracts formation, and contracts administration activities. In summary, the Jr. Procurement Agent is responsible for managing the bidders’ selection, bidding process, evaluation, and recommendation, as well as the award and post-award process, thereby maximizing efficiencies and minimizing risk related to financial and schedule performance.
Custodian of all pre-award purchasing/contracting activities related to the purchase of project materials/equipment and services (including engineered, standard [commercial off-the-shelf] and bulk items, construction, consultants, etc.). Duties include clarifying/negotiating the commercial terms and conditions, proper Incoterms, payment terms/milestones relating to purchase orders and contracts as well as preparing and issuing the purchase order or contract for execution.
Expedites all post-award activities including vendor data, fabrication, verification of progress payments, and coordination of vendor quality surveillance, logistics, and delivery to site.
Custodian of all post-award contracting activities including contractual scope compliance, cost control, schedule compliance, invoice auditing and recommendation for payment.
Liaison with Package Coordinator to obtain and verify technical specifications, with the Planner to verify lead times and delivery dates and with Logistics to assure cost effective and practical Incoterms
Preparation of Commercial Bid documents (including contractual terms and conditions, delivery requirements, quality/inspection requirements and other documents related to the scope of supply, etc.), and issuing of Bid Documents to Bidders from an approved Bidder’s List
Managing the prequalification and selection of bidders
Prepare and issue Bidders List and coordinate approval process
Supervise and maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the bid process. Log bid questions and responses and issue addenda as required. Purchasing Agent must be the ONLY point of contact during the bid process from RFQ until award. All queries must go through procurement
Coordinate technical evaluations and conduct commercial evaluations, use of proper Incoterms, payment terms/milestones including clarifications and/or negotiations
Review vendor comments of General terms and conditions and incorporate Special terms and conditions, as required
Responsible to meet schedule milestones for Bid-Evaluate-Award cycles
Post-Award contract administration
Qualifications - Required:
Willingness to travel and work onsite (including remote locations)
Attention to detail
Adaptability to new environments
Willingness to learn and apply new skills
Diligent work ethic
Bachelors Degree, Business or Technical preferred
1-5 years’ experience in business or technical field is Preferred
For all Junior Employees, we offer more ways to grow and learn. Most of these continue throughout your career.
What we offer
• Stability and consistency – our role here at Hatch are long term full time. We do not hire for one project; we hire full time employees to grow them within Hatch. You are joining the Hatch team and family to grow your career in a way that is best for you.
• Our goal is to convert 100% of students/coops/interns to full time offers.
• Expected growth at Hatch:o Overall § You will be able learn about the different sectors, processes, people, and culture that drives our business. § You will learn from others- developing relationships with your managers, colleagues, etc. § We want to learn from you too! Share your referrals for us to connect with and interview, let us know what you are reading/learning about, fill us in on your university events! Help us both flex our growth mindsets! § Growth in our communities locally, but also thinking globally. o In 3 ways: Experiential, Exposure, and Education: § Experiential- 70% of learning is on the job, hands-on! § Exposure- 20% of learning- Talking with others, mentoring, professional development groups! § Education- Courses (online or in person)- often created by Hatch specific to your role!
• Company gatherings, happy hours, social interaction to build strong work relationships.
• Social Activities- After work events (Top Golf, Barcadia, Virtual escape room)
• Regional networking
• Young Professional Groups (YP)o Orientation- young professional presentations/panels to start your career at Hatch. o YP (Young professional) Presentations- what it’s like to work on site.
• KEG sessions (Keep Education Going)
• PDP (Professional Development Program)
• Challenging career with countless opportunities
• The opportunity to receive excellent mentorship from industry experts.
• An exciting work environment involved in constantly evolving industry.
• Ability to apply your skills to challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects, while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people.
Why join us?
Work withgreat people (https://bit.ly/36124ja) to make a difference
Collaborate on excitingprojects (http://bit.ly/HatchProjects) to develop innovative solutions
Top employer (https://bit.ly/3p39hIa)
What we offer you?
Flexible work environment
Long term career development
Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects thediversity (http://bit.ly/2JuRZAT) of thecommunities (https://bit.ly/2kx24hB) in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Nearest Major Market:Salt Lake City Job Segment: Procurement, Sustainability, Contract Manager, Fabrication, Buyer, Operations, Energy, Legal, Manufacturing
Apply now »
Start apply with LinkedIn