University of Utah HMHF Associate Director, Marketing & Communications in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 01/08/2024
Requisition Number PRN37356B
Job Title Assoc Dir, Marketing & Sales
Working Title HMHF Associate Director, Marketing & Communications
Job Grade G
FLSA Code Executive
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
M-F, 9-5 PM
VP Area President
Department 02254 - Huntsman Mental Health Foundation
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 100,000 to 120,000
Open Until Filled No
The Huntsman Mental Health Foundation ( HMHF ) was founded to support theHuntsman Mental Health Institute ( HMHI ) (https://healthcare.utah.edu/hmhi) and its work to advance mental health care through community, research, clinical, and education initiatives. Made possible bya generous $150 million donation (https://healthcare.utah.edu/press-releases/2019/11/150-million-commitment-huntsman-family-will-establish-mental-health) from the Huntsman family, HMHI was established in 2021 with a vision to free the world from mental health stigma, bring an end to suffering, and integrate mind and body to improve life for every person.
HMHF seeks a highly organized and adaptable individual to fill the role of Associate Director of Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the individual hired for this role carries out essential functions under their direction and supports the implementation of strategic planning, execution, and measurement of marketing and communications activities for the Foundation.
This includes but is not limited to developing and implementing marketing strategies, managing promotional campaigns (both traditional and digital), media relations, and ensuring effective communication to support the Foundation’s mission. The role requires collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the visibility and articulate the impact of the Huntsman Mental Health Foundation.
This position has no responsibility for providing care to patients.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the job’s essential functions as outlined in the position description.
- Supports the development and implementation of marketing and communications objectives consistent with the Huntsman Mental Health Foundation’s goals.
- Develops marketing strategies, including advertising and media buys, to promote the foundation’s initiatives, projects, and achievements.
- Creates compelling content, materials, and communications to promote understanding and enthusiasm for the Foundation’s mission among internal and external audiences, including donors, prospects, board members, HMHI leaders and staff, community members, and other stakeholders.
- Develops and executes promotional campaigns across multiple media forums, advising on effective communication strategies. This includes managing all of HMHF’s social platforms and updating the website.
- Supports strategic direction by setting short and long-term goals, estimating budgetary requirements, and implementing special projects and policies.
- Actively and regularly collaborates with HMHF leadership and implements rigorous processes to align with fundraising strategy and drive efficiency.
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with key media contacts, journalists, and influencers to enhance the visibility and positive coverage of the Huntsman Mental Health Foundation.
- Crafts compelling and effective press releases that communicate the foundation’s key messages and milestones, ensuring accurate and engaging content.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt communication style to different settings and audiences, including donors, community members, mental health professionals, and the general public.
- Demonstrates strength in public speaking and the ability to create compelling and tailored presentations that effectively communicate the mission, goals, and impact of the Huntsman Mental Health Foundation, ensuring resonance with diverse audiences
- Coordinates and supports events, including organizing press conferences, to generate media interest and coverage, fostering a positive public image for the foundation.
- Drafts collateral, promotional, and materials and supervises consultants in the design of compelling pieces for various audiences.
- Monitors media coverage and industry news to keep oneself and the Foundation team informed about relevant topics, ensuring the foundation remains adaptable and responsive to current trends.
- Utilizes metrics to evaluate and analyze the success of media events and fundraising campaigns, such as media impressions, coverage sentiment, and social media impressions and engagement, using insights to refine future strategies.
- Facilitates cooperative and collaborative relationships with partners, stakeholders, and the mental health community.
- Provides expert proofreading, copyediting, brand identity, and style standards oversight.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- As a young Foundation, it is understood that this role will adapt to the organization’s needs as we continue to grow.
Incumbents in this position have the authority to manage assigned units and designated programs and services. They are responsible for ensuring that diverse patient/customer, family, and community issues affecting customer/patient service and care are resolved. Directs the administration of the unit’s budget and makes spending decisions within budget guidelines. Oversees program development for assigned units and ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, a related area, or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) required; plus six years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communication skills also required. Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Five years or more of progressively responsible experience in marketing and communications, eight or more years of experience are preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising environment, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field preferred.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students and patients from all backgrounds and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education and quality healthcare for historically underrepresented students and patients.
All qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or protected veteran’s status. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education program or activity that it operates, as required by Title IX and 34 CFR part 106. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs or activities extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both.
To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability or if you or someone you know has experienced discrimination or sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, you may contact the Director/Title IX Coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action ( OEO /AA). More information, including the Director/Title IX Coordinator’s office address, electronic mail address, and telephone number can be located at: https://www.utah.edu/nondiscrimination/
Online reports may be submitted at oeo.utah.edu
https://safety.utah.edu/safetyreport This report includes statistics about criminal offenses, hate crimes, arrests and referrals for disciplinary action, and Violence Against Women Act offenses. They also provide information about safety and security-related services offered by the University of Utah. A paper copy can be obtained by request at the Department of Public Safety located at 1658 East 500 South.