Tetra Tech, Inc. Engineer II in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science.
Engineer with a minimum of 5 year of experience in the field of Mechanical engineering to join our team currently serving industrial clients. Under general supervision, plans, conducts, or supervises tasks such as design and report writing on mechanical projects. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Interprets and applies organization policy. Recommends changes in procedures. Operates with substantial latitude for independent action or decision. Reviews progress with management. Prepares, develops and assists in the preparation of proposals and qualification statements.
- Responsible for engineering design support of small heavy industrial projects. Researches, develops, and supports the designs a variety of mechanical equipment, facilities, components, and systems for industrial purposes.
- Experience working in heavy industrial environments required. This position does require field verifications in heavy industrial facilities. Piping project experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and driven to develop strong client relationship. Candidate must be comfortable being client-facing.
- Participate in meetings with the client and project team to establish project objectives and to coordinate and/or resolve design problems.
- Assists with development of equipment and materials bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
- Plans and directs drafters. Coordinate and manage design criteria and details with other departments.
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
- Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering and design.
- Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
- Facilitates project meetings to develop and review project scopes, design criteria and discipline drawings.
- Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements; evaluates and approves changes that substantially impact the scope, budget, or schedule of a project.
- Maintains budgets and schedules forecast with assistance from project controls.
- 2+ years of project experience required.
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience working on engineering projects from concept through construction support.
- Industrial operational experience required.
- Ability to read/interpret specifications and construction drawings.
- Experience with material take-offs, mechanical equipment lists, P&IDs, and PFDs.
- Experience working in heavy industrial environments required. This position does require working directly in industrial facilities.
- Experience with equipment layout design.
- Experience with AutoCAD is highly preferred.
- Experience with 3D modelling software is highly preferred.
- Experience with mechanical integrity and applicable codes: API, ASME, MSS, ASTM and other generally accepted governing standards.
- Experience with MSHA/OSHA safety regulations preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications are required.
- A Pre-employment drug screen in compliance with state regulations is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving ecord without restrictions.
About Tetra Tech:
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech offers the following optional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long & Short-Term Disability, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending. Financial Benefits: Group Term Life, Optional Group Term Life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, Health Savings Account, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Time Off with Pay, Employee Assistance Program, Adoption Assistance, Leaves of Absence.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers . Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 212 OGA
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity