Nelnet Commercial Sales Consultant- Nelnet Renewable Energy (Albany, NY) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Nelnet Renewable Energy began from Nelnet, a company that started 40-plus years ago with a purpose to serve our customers and communities. Over the years, our corporate color green has taken on new meaning as we’ve applied multiple capabilities to our passion for supporting a transition to renewable energy. Learn more about who we are, what we do – and the many ways we can help you achieve your sustainability and financial goals.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, renewable energy solutions, and K-12 and higher education expert.
With a next step in our growth, our team is ready to welcome a Commercial Sales Consultant. The ideal person for this role has experience in commercial sales, the desire to achieve uncapped success in their role, enjoys working with a variety of customers, and can manage multiple projects and deadlines.
*This position will be based out of our Albany, NY office. Candidate must live within a 2-3 hour radius and willing to travel onsite as needed*
• Work with prospective customers to provide solar array knowledge
• Self-generate leads through existing networks and through business development
• Draft and send out proposals to secure commercial scale projects
• Use a process driven consultative sales approach to match customer needs with company product offerings
• Develop and present product offerings for a variety of stakeholders in varying environments
• Provide education on federal and state incentives for projects
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 2+ years of commercial solar sales experience with proven results (required)
• Experience with a variety of commercial and non-profit financing options
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• Proven ability to generate at least $2M+ in annual revenue
• Working knowledge of various federal and state incentives
• Understanding of utility company interconnection and metering policies
• Strong customer service skills with proven customer satisfaction
• High attention to detail and accuracy when working internally with the team and externally with customers
• Proven ability to use a CRM and leverage other tech platforms
Pay range for this role is $60,000 + commission annually, with no earnings cap. Potential total earnings of $125k-$200k+ annually.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
You may know Nelnet as the nation’s largest student loan servicer – but we do more than that. A lot more. We’re also a professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12 and higher education expert (and that’s just a shortlist). For over 40 years, we’ve been serving our customers, associates, and communities to make dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)
- Nelnet Jobs