HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Tech Surgical Progressive Care in Salem VA, Virginia
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC)delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of a Department Director, Nursing Clinical Coordinator or Registered Nurse, the MST is cross-trained to perform the following roles: Nursing Assistant, Unit Secretary, and Monitor Tech
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide patient care under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to perform all patient record and transcription activities; Maintains patient record according to hospital policy.
- Interpretation of basic arrhythmias (monitor technician only)
- Maintains neat and organized work place.
- Maintains unit supplies/forms.
- Assists with admission/transfer/discharge process.
- Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
- Stays abreast of new information pertaining to hospital/unit function and policies.
- Adheres to hospital and unit policies.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Identifies cardiac arrhythmias or irregularities and notifies the RN or Charge Nurse.
- Professionally resolves or seeks assistance for problems and conflict.
- Timely collaborates with the healthcare team to report critical information or change in condition.
- Completes annual educational requirements and other specified learning activities on time.
- Demonstrates professional caring practices through sensitivity, respect, engagement, and assessing for patient and family satisfaction.
- Demonstrates AIDET principles (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank You) with all patient and family interaction
- Promote a safe and therapeutic atmosphere for patients, co-workers, other departments and customers.
- Promotes comfort and prevents suffering through presence and attentiveness utilizing hourly rounding tools and principles.
- Promotes a culture of safety.
- Demonstrates and promotes hospital Mission, Vision, Philosophy, Key Results and Cultural Beliefs.
- Communicates professionally with other team members and colleagues by following approved methods of communication as applicable.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Promote a work environment that is free from harassment.
- A professional role model within the community when representing the organization.
EDUCATION: * College level coursework (preferred) LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: * American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider upon hire or within 30 days of employment. EXPERIENCE: * Related experience in healthcare environment (preferred) HOURS: * Full Time * Night Shift (12 hour shifts) * Weekend & Holiday Requirements
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Patient Care Tech Surgical Progressive Care
Location: Virginia-Salem VA-Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00005-25661