HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Pharmacy Technician in Salem VA, Virginia
Are you looking for a work environment as aCertified Pharmacy Technicianwhere diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application withLewisGale Medical Centertoday and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
AtLewisGale Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicatedCertified Pharmacy Technicianlike you to be a part of our team.
OurCertified Pharmacy Techniciansassist hospital staff pharmacists in the preparation and dispensation of medications. You receive and fulfil medication orders from hospital staff for patients undergoing inpatient and outpatient care.
- You will set up, package and label medication doses.
- Fill and dispense routine orders for patient care areas.
- You will refill and maintain inventory and routine maintenance of automated dispensing machines.
- You will demonstrate competency in parenteral admixture dose calculations and preparation, including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition.
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC)delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 506-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year.
LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician through the Virginia Board of Health Professions
- Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Previous inpatient pharmacy experience preferred
- Full Time / 40 hours per week
- Night Shift to include rotating weekends and holidays
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for ourCertified Pharmacy Technicianopening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Location: Virginia-Salem VA-Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00005-27183