Inn at Perry Cabin Sous Chef in Saint Michaels, Maryland
Join the INN crew of culinary professionals as a Sous Chef!
The Inn at Perry Cabin is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and creative Sous Chef who has a profound interest in the culinary arts, a strong desire to build industry knowledge, and a drive to meet the highest standards in our profession.The culinary team at the Inn at Perry Cabin are on a quest to return Chesapeake Bay cooking to its fundamental elements.Our exceptional group of talented, creative, and thoughtful crew members each bring a unique perspective and consistent determination to our kitchen.The main responsibilities of the baker includeassisting with the production of all presentations and displays of pastries, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, jams, centerpieces and high-level products.
Provide technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Chef, effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets. While no job description can possibly provide a comprehensive list of job duties, the following is a summary of the major responsibilities for the position.
Essential job functions
- Supervise entire kitchen operation in absence of the Executive Chef.
- Train and supervise subordinate employees.
- Schedule production work for subordinate employees.
- Check staffing, uniforms, and daily production sheets.
- Review quality of product.
- Coordinate units of kitchen operation.
- Assist with controlling food costs and requisitioning necessary supplies.
- Ensure proper sanitation and maintenance of kitchen equipment and kitchen operation.
- Ensure that meals are prepared and delivered on time and in acceptable quantity and quality.
- Test, write, and standardize recipes. Establish and create written standards for execution.
- Assist with developing new menu items to allow the hotel to compete with other banquet operations in the area.
- Assist Catering department with developing special menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
- Meet with the Executive Chef to review equipment needs, plate up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety and sanitation follow up.
- Full job description can be provided upon request.
- Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Culinary Interns, Junior Sous Chef, Pastry Supervisor, Pastry Cooks, Stewarding team
Education and Experience
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship required. Culinary degree preferred.
- Food Handling and Sanitation certificates required.
- Minimum three years experience and/or training in the Culinary Department of a luxury hotel, with three years in a management capacity preferred.
- Free shift meals (prepared daily by our culinary team)
- All full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401k (with company match), flexible spending accounts, short- and long-term disability insurance, as well as tuition reimbursement for eligible courses/certifications
- Discounts on hotel stays, food and beverage, golf, tennis, spa, and waterfront