City of Safety Harbor Streets/Stormwater Maintenance III in Safety Harbor, Florida
Must have the following in order to apply:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of Three(3) year experience in public works, utilities maintenance, parks maintenance, or construction to include the operation of trucks and medium construction equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Florida Stormwater Association (FSA) Level 1 Certification required and Intermediate Maintenance of Traffic Certification (MOT), Erosion Control Inspector Certification required
- Valid Class ACommercial Drivers License, with air brake and tanker endorsement
- No Valid CDL with endorsement(s) CDL Permit within six (6) months from date of hire, and valid CDL with endorsements within eighteen (18) months from date of hire
- Employees without a valid CDL and appropriate endorsements on their date of hire will serve an extended probation until the valid CDL and endorsements are obtained, to include necessary training and classroom time and will not exceed eighteen (18) months from date of hire
- Knowledge of the tools used in Public Works maintenance and construction, and knowledge of materials, methods, and practices used in Public Works construction environment
- Knowledge of occupational hazards connected with maintenance and/or Public Works construction work
- Valid Driver's license
- Must follow written and verbal instructions
Required Screenings: Drug Testing/Screening; Background Checks; Reference Checks; Motor Vehicle Record Check; Drug Free Workplace.
Job Description: Under the direct supervision of the Streets/Stormwater Maintenance Foreman, or designee. Performs manual labor related to the City's streets and stormwater systems in the Streets/Stormwater Division of the Public Works Department. Assignments include construction, maintenance, and/or truck and equipment operations, in accordance with all applicable City codes and Departmental policies. Wor is performed with some independence and acts in the capacity of Crew Leader on certain projects and assignments. Will be contacted by telephone for call-out after hours. Work is reviewed through observations and obtained results.
- Performs patching and repairing to streets, sidewalks, curbs, and right-of-ways with asphalt, brick, or other appropriate roadway material; sets concrete forms, pours and finishes concrete
- Operates machinery and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of streets, sidewalks, curbs, and right-of-ways
- Fabricates and installs street signs
- Clears debris and vegetation from drainage ditches, creeks, and retention ponds
- Cleans, repairs, and sets drainage pipes for storm drains and catch basins
- Mows, trims, and edges the City's right-of-ways; prunes trees and bushes; and removes brush material
- Sets up and picks up barricades, cones, and warning signs
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools such as shovels, picks, power saws, mowers, edgers and trimmers
- Performs other duties as assigned
Work Environment: Will be discussed with applicant.
Hiring Process: Apply via company website, www.cityofsafetyharbor.com.
Days and Hours: Full Time position; Day shift; 40 hours per week; Complete work schedule will be discussed with applicant.
Pay: $17.61 to $27.49 per hour; Depends on experience.
*Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
*Participates in the E-Verify Program