Skanska Senior Project Engineer - SIS in Sacramento, California
Let new career opportunities find you! Give us some information on your skills and desires to open the door for interesting job openings within Skanska and the worldwide opportunities we can provide.
The Senior Project Engineer works within the Project Management Team which is responsible to plan and oversee the project to ensure a timely and cost effective outcome. This includes budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the project. Ensure the project is constructed in a safe, ethical manner and in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The Project Management Team can vary greatly depending on the size and complexity of the projects, which in turn will affect the number of responsibilities the Senior Project Engineer will be involved in.
Has a basic understanding of:
• Client Delight: Builds relationships with individuals within client organizations to coordinate work and make decisions at the appropriate level for the short-term project and long-term partnership.
• Building and Construction Knowledge: Applies building and construction knowledge, including history, customers, competitive environment, and materials and methods to build quality projects safely.
• Commercial Management: Negotiates and manages development and execution of the client's prime contract as well as subcontracts and vendor agreements. Develops, monitors, tracks, and negotiates project costs to ensure projects are successful and profitable. Ensures the financial interests of the company are protected while maintaining positive client relationships.
• Quality Management - Project Management Building: Develops a project-specific, quality management plan, monitors work sites, and identifies and addresses concerns or issues that do not meet quality standards. Completes quality work documentation and forms to ensure compliance with contracts.
• Site Logistics: Develops, approves, and communicates site logistics plans, verifying they are in place and clearly understood. Ensures that projects are proceeding according to plan.
Has demonstrated proficiency in:
• Construction Documentation: Creates documentation such as RFIs, and client correspondence on issues related to the notification provisions in contracts.
• Construction Drawings / Plans: Reads and understands construction plans and drawings and the technical specifications associated with drawings. Outlines specifications required for submission to client and ensures submittals are approved.
• Subcontractor Management: Monitors, inspects subcontractor activities to ensure they are performing the work safely, are adhering to schedule, and are producing quality work to ensure they are in line with subcontractor agreements and our client contract obligations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Works to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on department results.
Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives or goals of projects and assignments.
Innovation and Complexity:
Responsible for making adjustments or recommended enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
Problems and issues faced are general and may require understanding of other job areas and a broader set of issues but typically are not complex. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issue.
Communication and Influence:
Communicates with contacts typically within the department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring some explanation or interpretation in order to reach agreement.
May work to influence parties within own job function at an operational level.
Leadership and Talent Management:
- May provide guidance and assistance to entry-level professionals and/or support employees.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent experience and 3 years prior relevant experience.
Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Skanska is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or citizenship status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristics under federal, state, or local law.
Skanska Equal Employment Opportunity (https://www.usa.skanska.com/who-we-are/about-skanska/diversity-and-inclusion/equal-opportunity-employment--affirmative-action/)
Skanska uses knowledge & foresight to shape the way people live, work, and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we’re one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We operate in select markets throughout the Nordics, Europe and the United States. Skanska in the U.S. is headquartered in New York City with 29 offices around the country. In 2022, construction in the U.S. generated $6.9 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $3.5 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 6,500+ teammates in the U.S. and 28,000+ globally, we create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Annual Salary Ranges: 83,250 to 104,000
- Skanska Jobs