Cinteot Senior Microsoft SQL Database Programmer/Administrator in Rosslyn, Virginia
The Senior Microsoft SQL Database Programmer/Administrator role will be based in Rosslyn, VA.
Cinteot is seeking a Senior Microsoft SQL Database Programmer/Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The ideal candidate will become part of Cinteot's Department of State (DoS) Diplomatic Security Cyber Mission (DSCM) program providing leading cyber and technology security experience to enable innovative, effective and secure business processes. Cinteot's DSCM program encompasses technical, engineering, data analytics, cyber security, management, operational, logistical and administrative support to aid and advise DoS Diplomatic Security Cyber Operations. This includes protecting a global cyber infrastructure comprising networks, systems, information, and mobile devices all while identifying and responding to cyber risks and threats. Those supporting Cinteot's DSCM program strive to leverage their expert knowledge and propose creative solutions to real-world cybersecurity challenges. This role supports the Application Development and Web Services section within the TIE Office.
· Experienced Senior Microsoft SQL Database Programmer / Administrator responsible for the development and administration of various SQL based applications and systems.
· This “hands-on” position requires solid technical and analytical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to a wide variety of data centric requirements.
· Must be a self-starter who enjoys problem solving as well as researching techniques and methodologies to produce effective, complete and reliable solutions.
· Ability to collaborate and work with teams and can be counted on to complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal oversight. Must be able to multi-task and manage deadlines, work independently, effectively, and efficiently.
· Develop and maintain SQL databases in support of new and existing applications.
· Develop and maintain SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views.
· Analyze, troubleshoot, and remediate data integrity issues.
· Monitor systems; proactively manage and maintain configurations to unsure performance and availability.
· Perform database and related asset backups and recovery.
· SQL query optimization; index management.
· System performance and optimization tuning.
· Support production systems for database problem resolution, recovery and potential Emergency off-hour support.
· Bachelor's Degree and 6 years' experience required. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
· Possess Oracle DB CA, Microsoft SQL or equivalent certification.
· Active Top Secret Clearance required.
· Experience implementing, maintaining, and automating backup and recovery plans.
· Extensive experience in database design, development, implementation and methodologies.
· Extensive experience with Transact SQL, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers and Functions.
· Experience automating data Import/Extraction using SQL Server tools.
· Experience in examining and optimizing query execution plans and index/data usage.
· Experience analyzing hardware, software, and network ecosystems to optimize database server performance.
· Experience resolving locking and dead lock issues.
· Experience with Microsoft Reporting and Analysis Services.