Lockheed Martin Senior UX Designer in Rockville, Maryland
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a passionate User Experience Designer to join the Chief & Analytics Office (CDAO).
As a User Experience Designer, you will be charged with keeping humans at the forefront of our Fabric, through collaboration with a User Experience Researcher, through wireframing, low- and high-fidelity mockups, prototyping, user testing, and iteration. This role has an opportunity to think outside the box and work with cutting edge technologies and concepts. You will directly contribute to transforming the way warfighters and commanding officers make decisions in real-time through design of modern intuitive interfaces and experiences. We’re looking for someone to smash boundaries and think future-forward and set the stage for innovation to support Lockheed Martin and our customer’s mission!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with the UX Researcher to conduct user research with internal and external clients and stakeholders to understand their goals and needs
• Collaborate to build personas and usage scenarios, journey maps
• Support the of UX research plans and guide design direction of the based on findings
• Participate in and potentially facilitate design thinking and other workshops
• Create wireframes, storyboards, site maps, and screen workflows informed by user research and needs assessments
• Create low- and high-fidelity product prototypes
• Independently conduct usability testing
• Collect and use an assortment of primary and secondary sources (such as site analytics, survey results, user sessions, industry reports and research) to derive insights and craft recommendations
• Create visual and graphic assets and write copy to bring the product vision to life
• Collaborate with other internal teams to move from prototypes to full-fledged product
Position will be fully remote. Some travel to Lockheed Martin sites may be required. Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain security clearance.
A portfolio showing examples of wireframing and prototyping is highly encouraged.
• Bachelors or graduate degree in behavior or social sciences such as psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors, technical writing, or related field or equivalent practical experience
• Minimum of 3 years of product and user design experience
• Experience working with a variety of wireframing and prototyping tools (e.g. Balsamiq Wireframes, Sketch, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, inVision)
• Experience or familiarity with a wide variety of design techniques, including responsive design, adaptive design, accessible and inclusive design
• Demonstrated experience on small teams to execute UX projects from end to end (e.g. from research, to ideation, to prototype, to hand-off to )
• Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to derive insights and craft recommendations
• Ability to synthesize complex, technical ideas into ‘laymen’s terms’ to build vision and direction
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Collaboration skills are a must, including the ability to advocate for the value of UX with partners from all levels of the organization
• Prior experience facilitating and participating in collaborative design workshops, including Design Thinking
• Experience working on an team (incl. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc)
• Prior background in commercial or gaming a plus!
• A portfolio showing examples of wireframing and prototyping is highly encouraged
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs