Health First Patient Services Representative - Care Coordination - Full Time in Rockledge, Florida
To be fully engaged in providing No Harm/Quality, Customer Experience, and Stewardship through friendly, rapid and accurate patient support, including completion of patient registration documentation, appointment scheduling and assistance with a variety of departmental projects and clerical duties.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and supports the organizations mission, vision and value statement.
* Completes work within authorized time to ensure compliance with department standards.
* Maintains established benchmarks as related to assigned tasks and shows continual growth and improvement in benchmarks.
* Pre-registers, pre-certifies and schedules patients accurately and in a timely manner.
* Processes and maintains all schedules for area of responsibility, runs schedules daily, forwards to appropriate departments and/or individuals in a timely manner. Communicates schedule changes as needed.
* Assembles charts accurately; verifies correct patient name, orders applicable records, verifies charge information is on chart.
* Shows commitment to individual and departmental Continuous Quality Improvement and organizational operational effectiveness.
* Adheres to all HFMG policies to ensure patient’s privacy and the confidentiality of the Health Information.
* Provides general reception duties including: greeting and assisting customers in a timely and courteous manner with a willing and helpful attitude.
* Answers telephones properly, courteously, and tactfully with the public, physicians, outside businesses, and other departments. Directs calls to the appropriate party and transfers when appropriate. Takes complete and accurate messages.
* Responds to phone messages in a timely manner.
* Maintains physician and mid-level provider patient appointment schedules.
* Facilitates patient appointments and referrals in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
* Provides superior customer service focused on professional and effective communication with patients and co-workers.
* Engages patients who have been waiting past their appointment time notifying the patients of any delays.
* Understands the impact of actions, attitudes, and the patient’s perception as it relates to overall customer satisfaction and be self-aware of how your role affects the customer’s experience.
* Obtains demographic and insurance information from patient in a pleasant, efficient manner and inputs data accurately into the patient management system.
* Verifies patient’s eligibility of insurance utilizing assigned tools and resources, updates demographic and insurance as needed and copies information into the patient’s account.
* Prepares a financial estimate of the anticipated price for the services to be rendered prior to the performance of services and communicates the information to the patient.
* Collects all current and past-due patient responsibility balances (i.e., co-payment, deductible, coinsurance, self-pay balances, retail products, bad debt balance) prior to services being rendered.
* Performs daily reconciliation, balancing and cash out procedures.
* Enters payments correctly into OTC and Cash Deposits systems. * Prepares the next day’s work for all scheduled patients to include the financial estimate of the patient responsibility balance. * Initiates IT work tickets to resolve equipment or system related issues. * Maintains documentation for service on equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED * Educational requirement of high school graduate and 1-2 years (Certified Administrative Professional), or two-year associate degree and 1 year of experience in either clerical role or healthcare environment; or high school graduate or equivalent and two years of experience is required. * Typing 45 WPM. * Knowledge of Medical Terminology and abbreviations desired. * Ability to use or operate computer, copy machine, and fax machine. * Excellent organizational and communication skills. * Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel preferred. * Demonstrates ability to relate well to all customers. * Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
Job: *Clinic Clerical Support
Organization: *Health First Medical Group LLC
Title: Patient Services Representative - Care Coordination - Full Time
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Rockledge
Requisition ID: 057371