EPI Direct Support Professional-Respite in Rochester, New York
Direct Support Professional-Respite
Rochester, NY, USA Req #340
Tuesday, January 9, 2024
We accept applications for open positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Empowering People's Independence (EPI), provides support for people with developmental disabilities, epilepsy, and brain injury through progressive, tailored care to improve their health, wellbeing, independence, and social inclusion.
Assist individuals with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits.
· Maintain the health and well-being of the individuals EPI serves
· Provide supervision, training, and assistance in accomplishing activities of daily living, which includes, but is not limited to, self-care skills, social skills, recreation skills, community skills, and domestic skills to ensure individuals’ goal plans are followed; transport individuals as directed
· Maintain accurate, updated charting and documentation per regulations
· Report all policy violations to appropriate personnel
· Assist management with individuals’ personal goal plans
· Attend staff meetings as directed to evaluate and promote effectiveness of both the individual program and the general program
· Promote workplace safety
Education and Experience:
· High school graduate or equivalent; one-year experience in the human service field preferred.
· Maintain a valid New York State driver’s license; a vehicle is required to perform the job
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds
· Must be trained in all required trainings within 90 days of being hired and maintain current certifications with all required trainings
· Must be able to read, write, and speak English
· Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
· Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include
· Close vision
· Ability to adjust focus
· Employee must be able to train in and perform Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention -Revised (SCIP-R), CPR and first aid
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and/or Agency Van and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
Days of the week:Monday-Saturday with part-time and full-time availability
Participant Demographic:Youth under 21 years of age
Rate of pay:$17.50/hour
Work Location: Rochester, NY
Empowering People's Independence(EPI)
1650 South Avenue
Rochester, N.Y. 14620
Call or Text us at (585)204-0896
Job Family Direct Support
Pay Type Hourly