Nexstar Media Group Digital Content Producer in Rochester, New York
News 8 WROC in Rochester, New York is hiring a Digital Content Producer to join our well-established and growing digital team. The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for creating website articles, multimedia stories, original native videos, and more for our station’s various digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to assist with content gathering, video editing, web posting, producing live digital programming, social media monitoring and more tasks associated with the ever-evolving industry of digital media.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Digital Content Producers will work in the newsroom writing, aggregating, and publishing news stories, videos, and multimedia elements to our station’s digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in web content production, writing, and journalism, have a working knowledge of the digital media landscape.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent
• Strong writing and editing skills, with attention to detail and knowledge of AP style
• Knowledge of online news journalism and best practices
• Basic clipping and editing of video for digital delivery
• Optimizing on-air assets for our various digital platforms
• Determine a story’s emphasis, length, format and organizes material accordingly
• Creates engaging stories, videos and imagery for our viewers specific to platforms
• Posting updates and content to our station’s website and social media handles
• Flexibility with working any and all shifts, including nights and/or weekends
• Copy editing and correcting content across our various digital platforms
• Ability to research and analyze background in- formation related to news stories
• Gathers information through research, inter- views, experience, or attendance of events
• Ensures that all content meets station standards for integrity and production quality
• Perform other duties as assigned
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that produces and distributes engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year. Nexstar owns America’s largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 U.S. markets reaching 212 million people. Nexstar’s national television properties include The CW, America’s fifth major broadcast network, NewsNation, America’s fastest-growing national news and entertainment cable network reaching 70 million television homes, popular entertainment multicast networks Antenna TV and Rewind TV, and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network. The Company’s portfolio of digital assets, including The Hill and BestReviews, are collectively a Top 10 U.S. digital news and information property. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering. For more information, please visit Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.