Boehringer Ingelheim Principal Scientist, Material & Analytical Sciences - Predictive Modeling in Ridgefield, Connecticut
The Principal Scientist, Material & Analytics Sciences (MAS) works on predictive tools to accelerate drug product development. The incumbent will support formulation development and analytics of new therapeutic modalities (including peptides). The Principal Scientist will be responsible for driving innovation in a diverse work environment.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies´ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim´s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Excel in bringing innovative tools into the drug development process
• Develop and apply computational modelling approaches and modern simulation tools to accelerate development of formulations for new therapeutic modalities (including peptides)
• Performs scientific experiments with a predefined goal including developing new methodologies; Protocols and or test procedures that contribute to core group/research goals and reflect expert knowledge
• Heading a team of 2-3 scientists, including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing direct reports; Direct and oversee experimental design and results of technicians and junior level scientists
• Support formulation development with imaging techniques (e.g. Cryo-EM)
• Represent Material and Analytical Science in R&D projects, contributing to defining R&D team goals and collaborating with scientists within and outside functional area in achieving them
• Prepare clear technical reports, publications and oral presentations. Independently communicate results in the form of reports and or presentations; Deliver updates to senior level management in context of overall project goals
• Develops broad knowledge in field of expertise, including the ability to interpret current literature relevant to projects, and visibility outside of functional area
• Understand current national and international regulations and legal requirements as well as BI policies and procedures as relevant to areas of expertise; Apply knowledge to ensure safe and compliant practices, manage risk, and maximize opportunities for projects to succeed
• Contributes to departmental administration; Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in terms of cost of experiments, technology, external collaborations, and travel
• Ph.D. Degree or equivalent with five plus (5+) years experience in a related field
• Expertise with computational modelling approaches and modern simulation tools (e.g. Gromacs, Amber, LAMMPS) for formulation development
• Basic skill set in modern coding language (e.g. Python with Scikit-learn, TensorFlow or C/C++)
• Expertise with image analysis and spectral analysis preferred
• Expertise in the development and analytics of peptide and/or virus formulations preferred
• Project management experience
• Leadership experience
• Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an interdisciplinary environment
This position offers a base salary typically between $135,000 and $232,000. The position may be eligible for a role specific variable or performance based bonus and or other compensation elements. For an overview of our benefits please click here (https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/us/careers/benefits-rewards) .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Jobs