Mediacom Broadband Specialist IV, Maintenance in Ridgecrest, California
Broadband Specialist IV, Maintenance
Location Ridgecrest, CA - (CC W) Lakes
Working Hours Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm and on-call/other hours/days as business needs require
Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=17205)
Performs field technical work. Primarily responsible for maintain the HFC plant from node to tap through routine maintenance and repair of CATV distribution system and HSD system and for turn-on of new distribution system. Maintenance and troubleshoot the trunk system due to equipment and/or power failure.
• Conducts system tests such as signal/noise, signal/hum, summation sweep, chart recording, return loss bridge, including monthly, semi-annual and annual tests; RF knowledge/troubleshooting; sweep & balance HFC plant.
• Sets trunk levels, sets-up and changes out trunk amplifiers, calculates signal level losses in cable and equipment for trunk lines and distribution lines.
• Installs electronics and makes power connections; maintain power supplies.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains all test equipment used in system.
• Assumes full responsibility for troubleshooting and repair of the coaxial and fiber distribution system. Prepares estimates for projects, providing bill of materials.
• Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools; splices coax & fiber.
• May perform all duties of Broadband Specialist I-V, Technical Operations descriptions.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
• On-call duty may be required; Other functions that may be assigned.
High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred.
Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
Required - Minimum of 6 months’ time spent as Broadband Specialist III or 5+ years’ equivalent cable technician experience.
Required- NCTI Service Technician
Required- NCTI System Technician
Preferred- DOCSIS 3.1: Customer Premise
18 months tenure as a Mediacom BBS III or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of all Broadband Specialist I-III responsibilities, basic commercial installs, business phone and service calls along with Home Controller.
Knowledge of HFC plant, installs and service calls.
Knowledge of Commercial Fiber PRI and Managed Voice installation and trouble shooting.
Advanced level of mechanical skills for splicing
Ability to interact and communicate with customers and co-workers.
Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
Ability to trouble shoot customer premise equipment and cable issues
• Strenuous – Physical effort represented by frequent handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand tools.
To Apply, Please Submit a Copy of Your Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The salary range for this position is $22 to $26.50 per hour. When making a salary offer, we consider several factors in our determination, such as years of related work experience; relevant skills and qualifications; education level; and certifications/licenses.
Keywords:System Technician, Maintenance, Broadband Specialist V, Installer, Technical Operations, Technician, Cable, Construction, Maintenance, Telecom, Internet, Install, Home Security, Xtream, Fiber, Copper, Splice
Mediacom endeavors to make mediacomcable.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact email@example.com or dial 845-443-2408 . Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.
Back (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/searchResults?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46) Share
- Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=17205)