PPD Group Leader - LCMS in Richmond, Virginia
Title: Group Leader Department: Chromatographic Sciences LCMS Location: Richmond, VA - Lab/Office based
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As a Group Leader you will provide management and direction to laboratory staff and resources for project activities and needs, oversee daily operations to monitor quality and project timelines, and assist in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
*Summarized Purpose: * Provides management and direction to laboratory staff and resources for project activities and needs, oversee daily operations to monitor quality and project timelines, and assist in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs. Ensures responsiveness to the customer and overall, client satisfaction. Plans and monitors the progress and quality of projects by utilizing the financial and quality management tools available at PPD.
_Essential Functions: _
- Prepares, reviews and approves study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Designs experimental study and participates in technical troubleshooting.
- Reviews data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs. Reviews and approves laboratory investigations, deviations, and QA facility and data audits. Leads client and FDA audits.
- Allocates, schedules and manages laboratory resources for group's project activities and updates project status. Reviews timesheet reports for billing accuracy.
- Responds to client's questions and needs; leads client technical meetings.
- Assists in preparation of proposals by provided project definition.
- Identifies new opportunities within client base and ability to work with business development to pursue opportunities.
- Coordinates and prioritizes project activities with internal functional groups (physical testing, analytical development, microbiology, etc.) and support functions (QA, sample management, etc.).
- Assists management in their responsibilities.
- Prepares and implements PPD SOPs and company operational policies. Ensures adherence and makes recommendations to quality system improvements.
*Education and Experience*: * Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience. * 1 year of leadership responsibility * In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
* Proven leadership skills
* Ability to cultivate a collaborative work environment with a team
* Effective negotiating skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of QA metrics of program base; ability to write and recommend changes to PPD SOPs
* Ability to troubleshoot multiple systems/methodologies * Ability to independently optimize analytical methods * Understanding of basic financial terms and definitions as it applies to the business * Understanding of proposal and project scope as it relates to pricing, resource management and the impact on business * Project and time management skills * Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills * Ability to train and mentor junior staff *Working Environment:* PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
*PPD Defining Principles: *
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
Organization: *US BU
Title: Group Leader - LCMS
Location: VA-Richmond-Richmond VA Dabney Rd
Requisition ID: 192303
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs