Federal Reserve Bank Cloud Data Catalog Product Lead in Richmond, Virginia
Cloud Data Catalog Product Lead
Location:Richmond, VA; All FRS Locations; Remote Employment Eligible
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve’s National IT organization—a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
TheData Foundation has an immediate opening for a Cloud DataCatalog Product Leadpositionreporting to Assistant Vice President.
The Federal Reserve System’s cloud foundation provides the central data and analytics platform housing advanced data management and analytics solutions for business lines in the system. We work with state-of-the-art technologies that are part of the next generation data ecosystem, which includes tools used for data storage, processing, integration, data lakes, warehousing, and data analytics. We are adding an enterprise data catalog that will integrate with these technologies and serve the needs of businesses and technology units.
A high-level goal of this position is to accelerate a data-driven environment for the businesses of the Federal Reserve System by expanding the system’s foundational data platform. You will work cross-functionally with Architects, Product Managers, Engineers & Developers, Operations, and Business Analysts in a rapidly evolving environment to make this happen.
As part of the National IT team, our cloud data foundation team works with multiple business lines, our Board, and IT groups from Federal Reserve System districts. This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase your critical thinking and technical background across many disciplines and across the Federal Reserve System. This role will be instrumental and accountable for shaping the direction of the Federal Reserve System cloud environment by implementing a technical data governance platform solution to grow the enterprise data management and governance platform.
As a Data Catalog Product Lead, you will contribute to a high quality technology architecture and solutions including creation of a common data inventory, development of centralized data privacy scanning and reporting, development of a common metadata model, incorporation of departmental metadata models, creation of standard methodologies that support lines of business to consistently leverage a central data catalog that facilitates discovery and use of data. You will leverage your extraordinary technical knowledge and superb communication skills as you work closely with businesses and technology teams to ensure the successful delivery of data management products into a foundational data services ecosystem. You will use your skills and expertise as a technology champion/evangelist and influencer to work cross-functionally to advance strategic initiatives, refine program and product frameworks, and help shape our priorities.
What You Will Do:
- In this role, you will focus on data management tools to support an advanced data analytics cloud environment
- Partner with business lines to enable, implement, and define the technical requirements, principles that guide data management and data governance solution decisions for the cloud ecosystem.
- Use your experience to develop standard operating models for data management and data governance that suit the needs of businesses across the Federal Reserve System
- Be responsible for translating business and technical requirements into a common strategic plan that outlines solutions for enabling data management within an AWS cloud environment.
- Provide analysis of current state, future state, and define key outcomes for an IT data management strategy.
- Develop dashboards, visualizations, and reports that reflect the state of data management and governance across a dynamic cloud environment containing multiple applications
- Develop standard processes for data management, data lifecycle tracking and reporting, and data governance for the FRS cloud.
- Quantify and measure the outcome of the data management and data governance processes and tool utilization across the cloud ecosystem.
- Work with development teams to integrate and use metadata for operations and technology initiatives
- Support application of data management and data governance tools and practices applied to an enterprise data lake and enterprise warehouse
- Partner with team members to establish data lifecycle management practice using metadata from across cloud applications
- Integrate and organize metadata across numerous cloud applications to make to data easy to find and use for businesses of the system
- Work with architecture and design partners to build conceptual solutions by incorporating cloud native and vendor products
- Participate in planning, roadmaps, and execution for implementation
- Assist in defining standard methodologies, guidelines, and solution patterns
- Build professional relationships with peers and executives to gather and articulate the technical vision, and to produce the strategic plan for realizing it
- Design, communicate, and enforce standards and ensure alignment with enterprise IT architecture strategy and plans
- Work professionally with Senior Executives, business leaders at the Federal Reserve and the Board.
- Work with cloud data product teams to define roadmaps and strategy for enterprise data and analytical solutions in the cloud as they pertain to data management and data governance
- Participate in research and POCs (proofs of concept) with new technologies and leverage industry standards in the data space for advancing the cloud data platform.
- Provide consulting and guidance on business solution development in data management aligned with on-premise and cloud technologies
- Leverage strong collaboration, exceptional communication, negotiation, leadership, and influencing skills to gain consensus and produce the best solutions.
- Participate with architects and design engineers to develop metadata connectivity and scanning capabilities for numerous applications existing within an AWS GovCloud setting
- Microservices experience is strongly preferred
- Must be familiar with Agile methodologies and able to work in an Agile manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience; advance degree preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in technology related field focused on data management systems
- Three or more years of strategic leadership work related to data, data management, and/or data analytics
- Proven experience designing solutions within a cloud context including development and implementation
- Demonstrates good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and deep knowledge of implementing successful data management and data governance solutions
- AWS Certifications
- Must have proven experience with systems in AWS
- Must have experience implementing Informatica tools suite
- Experience in architecting, designing systems for collecting, aggregating and analyzing data and metadata.
- Experience in working with data engineering tools such as Kafka, Spark, Hive, Airflow, NOSQL Databases, RDBMS, in-memory databases.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage atwww.richmondfed.org.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role.
- Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Title: Cloud Data Catalog Product Lead
Requisition ID: 267351
Other Locations: CO-Denver, GA-Atlanta, TX-Dallas, NJ-East Rutherford, MD-Baltimore, NY-New York City, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, MA-Boston, MN-Minneapolis, PA-Philadelphia