HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Pharmacy Technician in Richmond, Virginia
Are you looking for a work environment as a Certified Pharmacy Technician where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Retreat Doctors’ Hospitaltoday and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Certified Pharmacy Technician like you to be a part of our team.
Our Certified Pharmacy Technicians assist hospital staff pharmacists in the preparation and dispensation of medications. You receive and fulfil medication orders from hospital staff for patients undergoing inpatient and outpatient care.
- You will set up, package and label medication doses.
- Fill and dispense routine orders for patient care areas.
- You will refill and maintain inventory and routine maintenance of automated dispensing machines.
- You will demonstrate competency in parenteral admixture dose calculations and preparation, including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition.
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. Retreat is a 226-bed acute care hospital offering medical and surgical programs, 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors’ Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community.
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital Awards and Distinctions
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval o Top Performer on Key Quality Measures including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgery.
- U.S. News & World Report Best Regional Hospital for o Coronary Bypass Surgery o Colon Cancer Surgery o Knee Replacement
- Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics®
- Certified Prematurity Program
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician through the Virginia Board of Health Professions
- Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Previous inpatient pharmacy experience preferred
- Part Time
- Day shift to include rotating weekends and holidays
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Certified Pharmacy Technicianopening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Retreat
Requisition ID: 00448-62986