HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Pharmacy Technician in Richmond, Virginia
Are you looking for a work environment as aCertified Pharmacy Technicianwhere diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Chippenham Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
AtChippenham Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Certified Pharmacy Technician like you to be a part of our team.
OurCertified Pharmacy Techniciansassist hospital staff pharmacists in the preparation and dispensation of medications. You receive and fulfil medication orders from hospital staff for patients undergoing inpatient and outpatient care.
- You will set up, package and label medication doses.
- Fill and dispense routine orders for patient care areas.
- You will refill and maintain inventory and routine maintenance of automated dispensing machines.
- You will demonstrate competency in parenteral admixture dose calculations and preparation, including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition.
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed provisional Level I Trauma Center, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is an HCA facility, who ranks 63rdon Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Chippenham Hospital Awards and Distinctions
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval o Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. o Disease-Specific Certifications for Acute Myocardial Infarction & Hip and Knee Replacement.
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Considered the region's first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health and cardiovascular care.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician through the Virginia Board of Health Professions
- Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Previous inpatient pharmacy experience preferred
- Full Time / 32 hours per week
- Mixed Shifts to include rotating weekends and holidays
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Certified Pharmacy Technician opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Location: Virginia-Richmond-CJW Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00035-60964