Kiewit Northern California - Field/Office Engineer in Richmond, California
Requisition ID: 166810
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Northern California District
Department: Field Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building "the next big thing" from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re upgrading waste water treatment plants, tunneling through mountains, increasing the capacity of reservoirs, or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-driven construction professionals to get it done right.
Kiewit’s Northern California District is one of Kiewit’s leading infrastructure districts specializing in various types of work in the heavy civil, power, transportation, and water resource markets. Although most of our work is regionally based in Northern California, we also pursue various projects across the west coast. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry rather than design.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs. Kiewit’s Northern California District is headquartered in Fairfield, CA, just 45 minutes from Sacramento International Airport. We have projects scattered throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento region. We also have work across the west coast, in large cities and small towns. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Although our work is primarily concentrated in the Northern California region, our people must be able to travel and relocate as business requires.
• Field Operations: Interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, prepare work plans and work packages, order and schedule material deliveries
• Office Engineering: Perform takeoffs from drawings, generating change orders reviewed by Project Manager, provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
• Estimating: Review and analyze data relative to the project, complete plans and specification reviews for projects, assist with the preparation of a bid
Ability to travel and relocate as needed
Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree
Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
Reliable transportation to and from work
Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Other common names for this role: Office Engineer, Engineer 1, Engineer I
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $78,000 - $87,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Jobs