Raytheon Technologies Program Area Chief Engineer (PACE) - Associate Director, General Engineering in Richardson, Texas
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is seeking top candidates for a Program Area Chief Engineer (PACE) role located in Richardson, Texas.
The Program Area Chief Engineer (PACE) is the engineering focal point for the Trusted GEOINT Solutions (TGS) Program Area with a focus on Software (SW) development and advanced data solutions tied to Command Control of GEOINT/SIGINT/Multi-INT processing and sense making, Activity Based Intelligence and Enterprise/Mission Services.
The PACE will be responsible for leading our teams in the development of ground systems that provide command and control, mission management, orchestration, collection, processing and analyzing large volumes of intelligence data in implementation of existing programs, in addition to working/supporting new business opportunities. The PACE will develop all of the Program Chief Engineers that cultivate execution for Space ISR, specifically. The PACE will have 18 direct Chief Engineers and oversight of a total workforce of approximately 150 matrixed/subcontracted positions. This position directly impacts $200M in annual sales, as well as $5B in new bookings over the next 5 years.
This is a high visibility position to the Space ISR and Space and C2 Leadership Team.
Responsibilities will require:
• Demonstrated leadership on development programs as an Engineering Lead (e.g. Chief Engineer, Program/Project Engineer, or Integrated Product Team Lead).
• Accountability for achieving Program Area engineering cost, schedule, and technical commitments.
• Ensure that PCEs and Engineering personnel are following approved processes & procedures.
• If failures occur, ensure root cause evaluation and corrective action implementation is thorough, addresses systemic issues (if any), and is in accordance with company policy.
• Review of engineering execution risk mitigations and opportunity capture plans, ensuring they are appropriate to the work being performed and current state of the programs.
• Accountability for review of, and approval authority for, Program EACs, Gates and Engineering Bid Reviews (including ensuring Design-To-Cost and schedule targets are met; bid packages are thoroughly vetted; within scope, risks & opportunities identified and manageable), per the approved S&C2 Delegation of Authority (DOA), or as otherwise instructed by the S&C2 Chief Engineer or VP of Engineering.
• Hire, manage, mentor, and support Program Chief Engineers, assigning them to programs based on program need and PCE capability/experience. Assist PCEs to ensure programs are staffed with proper engineering personnel/skillsets to successfully implement programs within cost and schedule requirements. Develop and maintain succession plan and an extensive mentoring of PCEs.
• Support Program Area financial planning and forecasting. Assist Program Chief Engineers (PCEs) and Engineering Disciplines (metrics and staffing plans for Engineering) to achieve sales forecast.
• Support technology roadmap development and maintenance, drive product & technology development, and prioritize company investment, in alignment with the Program Area plan.
• Support front end of the business activities, to include working with customers to understand their needs, helping to shape future work and achieve strategies, and developing strong positive relationships with the customer community to make Raytheon Technologies the preferred supplier.
• Model values and behaviors expected to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment.
• An active and in-scope Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. security clearance
• Thorough business acumen inclusive of a sound understanding of the Program Area customer community and their needs
• Experienced mentor giving guidance, direction and holding team members accountable for deliverables in their domain area
• Broad experience working front end of the business activities, supporting engineering development efforts, and managing progressively larger and more complex engineering efforts
• Experience in Aerospace or Government Defense Organizations
• Executive level communication skills, as the PACE works within and across mission area programs to be successful and serves as the single point of contact for Engineering activities. Working to influence others regarding discipline's practices, concepts, and approaches.
• Willing to travel up to 25% of the time to support stakeholder meetings
• Experience communicating with executive leaders on mission area strategic and tactical initiatives with the ability to inspire and impact program teams to achieve desired results
• Experience with implementation, process integration, Six Sigma, Quality or related process improvement methodologies
• Experience executing and leading programs that are Agile and using DevSecOps
• Experience in execution and management through the use of performance metrics
Education and Experience Requirements:
12 years of relevant experience with a BS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred); or
10 years of relevant experience with a MS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics, preferred)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs