HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Market Director Clinical Professional Development NOVA in Reston, Virginia
We are offering an up to $10,000 sign on bonus for this opportunity! *internal candidates not eligible for bonus
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career as part of our leadership team. Submit your application today!
Our leadership teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan forgiveness program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
This position will be in our Northern Virginia market, to include StoneSprings Hospital Center, Dominion Hospital and our largest Northern Virginia facility, Reston Hospital Center. Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center is a233-bed acute-care medical and surgical facility,located in the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. We are a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
This position is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care in assigned markets and hospitals through various clinical education activities. The Market Director, Clinical Professional Development (MDCPD) will assess, develop and provide evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff in assigned hospitals.
The MDCPD actively assesses, develops, leads and collaborates in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting and evaluating orientation/onboarding process for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Responsible for the orientation/onboarding programs in assigned facilities and collaborates with the team to promote employee retention
- Consistently incorporates innovation to align with organizational goals and initiatives
- Seeks out improvement opportunities through analysis of stakeholder feedback and adjust programs based on evaluation results
- Analyzes data to evaluate effectiveness of onboarding/orientation in achievement of organizational goals, including employee retention
- Incorporates organizational values/culture
The MDCPD is responsible to have the expertise in competency assessment in order to participate in the development, coordination, and managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency in assigned hospitals. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Proactively initiates gap analysis and needs assessment to define new areas for competency assessment and maintenance
- Searches the evidence for best practices (EBP) in competency management and current EBP patient care guidelines based on the practice setting
- Seeks improvement opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the competency management program.
In alignment with the HCA and division-defined content development process the MDCPD identifies amd leads the designs of educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, which may include licensed and non-licensed healthcare personal in assigned hospitals. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Continuously scans the environment to identify and analyze practice gaps, plan effective education and evaluate outcomes
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability to apply evaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum to refine clinical programs.
- Problem solves independently and engages in stakeholders appropriately
The MDCPD must promote and integrate EBP in order to continuously improve practice in assigned hospitals. In addition, they promote research, EBP, and QI in patient care settings. The MDCPD may conduct, encourage, facilitate, and/or participate in research, EBP, and QI, including dissemination of findings. To meet this expectation activities include the following:
- Continuously scans the environment for trends and follows the HCA and division clinical education development model to make required changes.
- Develops, measures and analyzes data to demonstrate impact on nursing care delivery such as patient outcomes, nurse competency, and practice improvements
- Creates a supportive environment for nursing research, scientific inquiry, quality improvement and evidenced-base practice
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Masters degree in Nursing or Education Required
Will consider a Bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field and current enrollment in a Masters degree program
5 years experience in acute care facility required
3-5 years experience in healthcare education
Licensed appropriate to education in the state in which he or she practices; in accordance with law and regulation
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Market Director Clinical Professional Development NOVA
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 27510-29902