Paylocity Senior Engineer Software CZ - Time and Labor in Remote, Czech Republic
Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Time and Labor
Location: Remote (Must be based anywhere in the CZ)
There are jobs and then there are careers. Since 1997, Paylocity has been hiring talented people, giving them big challenges, and providing the right resources to help them succeed. Our award-winning culture ensures all employees feel truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves. While other companies talk about it, we make it happen. Join Paylocity and launch your career!
Our emergence in the Czech Republic began with our acquisition of SamePage in 2020! With over 100 employees in the Czech Republic, we will continue investing in steady growth, with stability and longevity always being at the forefront. We continue to produce 20% year-over-year growth alongside 100% increase in our product suite since 2014.
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
About the Team:
Time and Labor is a critical product within the PCTY suite and used daily by many employees and supervisors to manage schedules, worked time, and time off requests all of which are critical components in a journey of accurately paying employees for their worked time. In this role, you will work on many aspects of the Time and Labor system to address defects and enhance functionality based on customer requests.
What you will do:
• Understand customer needs and business goals
• Implement features to realize these goals
• Advocate for best practices and a healthy balance of tech debt versus delivery
• Engage with your team in design discussions
• Ensure code is flexible, reusable, extensible performant, and high quality through feedback on code reviews
• Understand and consider technical dependencies
• Work within the scope of a team and participate in cross-team collaboration
• Find innovative ways to increase the quality and velocity of your work
• Demonstrate software quality through unit and integration test automation
• Strengthen your team by sharing your knowledge and interests with others
• Build relationships and communicate with various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
• Manage risks, escalate priorities, and help to resolve issues that could impact production quality
What you will bring:
• 5+ years’ hands-on experience of commercial software development
• Proven expertise with .NET (6+), MSSQL, and proficiency with Git
• A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design
• Solid knowledge of relational databases including DB programmability
• Experience with unit testing and integration test automation
• Solid command of REST API standards and concepts
• Basic experience of containerization (Docker, K8s/Kubernetes)
What is a plus:
• Knowledge of ASP.NET
• Advanced knowledge of MS-SQL (optimization queries).
• Experience with micro-service architecture and eventing
• Experience with observability and large scale zero-downtime deployment
• Prior experience with Azure, GCP, or AWS (Amazon Web Services) (preferred)
• Knowledge of The Twelve-Factor App (12factor.net) principles
• Experience with NoSQL databases
What success looks like:
As a member of our TLM team, you will be creating, enhancing, and supporting the product, working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders. Our Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an Agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys, and upgrades.
To be truly successful in this role you will:
• Strive to constantly learn new things
• Be a proactive communicator, both written and verbal
• Quickly learn the TLM domain and help teach others the things that you learn
• Create detailed technical documentation in a way that is easy for others to understand
• Be welcoming to change, adapting quickly to both organizational and technical shifts of direction
• Continually give and receive feedback to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
• Be a strong team player
Paylocity is an equal-opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We recruit, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At Paylocity, we believe diversity makes us better.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, culture, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion or spiritual belief, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. We actively cultivate these differences through our employee resource groups (ERGs), employee experiences, perspectives, talents, and approaches to drive innovation in the software and services we provide our customers.
We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.