Northrop Grumman Principal Contract Administrator in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for a Principal Contract Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
As an Principal Contract Administrator you will be required to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines and handle multiple tasks as well as this possess the ability to work well with others in high-stress high-volume situations, effectively interface with internal functional and program organizations, effectively deal with external customers and meet program goals/objectives.
• Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts.
• Experience with Cost reimbursable contracts, negotiations and closeouts.
• Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
• This position requires a background in contract administration, risk assessment/communication, strong negotiation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• The ideal candidate will be a team player but also a strong independent contributor, will be proactive, will present leadership skills, will possess good analytical skills, will demonstrate problem solving skills, will be detail-oriented, and have strong interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills with a proactive and strategic mindset.
• Fundamental knowledge of the FAR and DFARs, general knowledge of pre and post-award federal government contracting industry practices, techniques, and standards.
• Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex contracts administration tasks, to include proposal preparation, the development of change orders and processing of inter-company work orders.
• Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Works under only very general supervision.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
• Demonstrated experience with highly effective verbal and written communications and presentation communication
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Attainment of one of the following years of experience in Contract Administration, Business/Finance or Supply Chain:
a. 3 years experience with a Master's Degree in a Business or Supply Chain
b. 5 years experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Supply Chain
c. 9 years experience no degree
Must hold and be able to maintain a US Government DoD Secret Clearance
• An advanced degree in a relevant field (JD, MBA, etc.)
• Current active US Government Top Secret and/or SSBI/SCI security clearance
• Recent experience as a Contracts Professional in the defense industry
• Strong knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and other U.S. Federal Government contracting regulations.
• Experience with multiple contract types
• Familiarity with Northrop Grumman businesses, policies and practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management
- Northrop Grumman Jobs