Microsoft Corporation Support Engineering Manager - Azure Data&AI Services in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-obsessed Support Engineering Manager, who has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership and has empowered people to help customers succeed. As a Support Engineering Manager (SEM), you will focus on building and leading a high performing team of engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring our teams provide a positive support experience, which includes being responsive to our customers and effectively partnering with stakeholders on the most critical problems for Microsoft customers. You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
• Nurture the Microsoft culture in the team, fulfilling the Model, Coach and Care expectations through:
• Attract, Develop, and Retain Talent
• Deliver Results Through Teamwork
• Role Model Microsoft Values
• Commit to Performance Management and Recognition Program.
• Provide guidance and coaching to team for addressing highly complex, strategic financial and executive level cases, including customer and field escalations - and as necessary take ownership to produce a positive customer outcome.
• Manage the day-to-day support business within your team.
• Foster collaboration with other technology teams to improve the customer experience.
• Position and support your team to succeed by maintaining focus on the fundamentals (case load and backlog mgmt., throughput and resolution, removing roadblocks w/in CSS or into Engineering, encouraging collaboration and use of all solution assets, reinforce CARE* behaviors and CSS Strategies, etc.)
• Assure team members are ready (working with your Technical Advisor and Readiness Leads where applicable) - technical skills, soft/professional skills, required training, cultural initiatives, industry certifications and standards, etc.
• Establish connections across CSS and externally (to Engineering and Microsoft Services) to influence and improve team effectiveness.
• Contribute to and help drive Product, Technology, Service, Solution and Process improvement.
• Contribute to the success / implementation of CSS and CSS Division led programs, initiatives, communications at the team level
CARE: Communicate Effectively, Accountable, Resourceful, Empathetic
3 to 5 years of operational excellence, delivery management, account management, sales, or vendor management experience
1+ years of people management
Other Preferred Qualifications:
• 4-year Degree in Management, Business, Computer Science, or equivalent in work experience
• Strong ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
• Change agent: natural at embracing change and lead people through ambiguity and transformation.
• Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
• Capability to supervise work, set the behavioral example and adjust strategies and tactics as necessary.
• Adept at coordinating team meetings to communicate team information, conduct training and to receive team feedback.
• Proficiency in coordinating and conducting 1:1 meeting with individual team members to provide instruction, coaching and personal development as well as to receive personal feedback.
• Great writing skills and ability to write and deliver individual reviews.
• Qualified to maintain individual and team discipline, cohesiveness and morale
• Exceptional leadership, collaboration and negotiation skills working in a complex, matrix organizational structure.
The Azure Data & AI commercial support team supports all the Azure Data technologies that includes Azure SQL DB, Synapse, Big Data as well as AI, Machine Learning and IoT. Experience in Data and Cloud Services will be a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs