Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer II in Redmond, Washington
Want to work on a team in the fastest growing org in Microsoft, that is responsible for billions of dollars and millions of transactions per year? Have a passion for making the customer experience better?
Come join the Commerce Platform & Experiences (CPX) purchase team – we are a fast-moving team that owns the checkout experience for M365 and large Azure customers.
We develop and manage the checkout experience for Microsoft 365 – the direct purchasing experience for thousands of customers that acquire Office online daily. We also manage the checkout experience for some of the biggest customers of Azure – one of the fastest growing areas within Microsoft. This is a customer facing, fast paced development environment, We deploy multiple times weekly and have a CDP to our preprod environment. We use flighting and A/B technology to test our features. We look at live traffic for our features daily. If you love a challenge, are passionate about enterprise level work in a production environment with lots of customer touch-points using the latest tech, we want you to apply!
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will work closely with PM and leads both within your group and also across the company to design and implement features within the Checkout experience. You will be an empowered decision maker, moving quickly and taking ownership of large areas of the product. This is a new project written in React, so you will have the opportunity to make a quick impact on joining the team with your expertise.
• Design and develop key checkout components and web services using React, Redux, REST, and ASP.NET web services written in C#
• Architect and develop highly available and fault-tolerant systems.
• Design all components, code, tests, and monitoring for your features
• 2+ years of experience designing, coding, and testing distributed systems.
• 2+ years of experience using React, Angular or Vue.
• Bachelors degree in computer science/Math/Engineering, or equivalent educational experience
• Coding skills in one of the following languages: C++, Java, C# (Preferred), TypeScript/JS
• Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver high quality features, including ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
• Cloud experience: experience authoring build/release pipelines with a popular cloud system (Azure/AWS/GCP)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs